The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

BTCC, 4 wheels? 2 Wheels? On Water? How are the Honda teams doing?
By jtc
The right man won the WDC :salut:

Interestingly, that problem for Nico evens up the unreliability scores for the season (taking into account Abu Dhabi was worth 2 races). So, amusingly, double points means the points score reflects a straight fight.
By Gravy
It wasn't quite as dramatic a race as I expected, today. Still, some nice moves were made, here and there.

Had to lol at Stevens mixing it up with Fernando :lol:

Gutted Nico couldn't make more of a fight of it, but that's racing.
I think the championship win for Lewis was well deserved and it is nice to have another Brit going into the F1 history books.

I'm feeling excited about next year's prospects. I think it would be folly to believe that McLaren-Honda will be anything other than a threat to the Mercs, but I'm slightly nervous about their driver lineup. Magnussen is pretty bloody quick over one lap, but I just don't think he's ready to win races. I'd love to know who the possible fourth element in the equation is, which Ron Dennis referred to in his interview with an aggressive Brundle yesterday. I'm hoping Jenson will stay, but Ron probably isn't his biggest fan and Eric Bouillabaisse certainly isn't.

I'm also looking forward to seeing Kvyat against Ricciardo ... the young Ruskie has pace and maturity enough to at least mount a challenge, I reckon.
Fookin bugs me when Crofty calls him kivvy-at ... is it just me?
By EagleCTR
Having expected the F1 gods to favour Nico am glad the most deserving driver won. As I said on my previous post, Nico was due some unreliability.
Nice to see how he responded to defeat, I hope Lewis will learn something from that, as I doubt he would have been as gracious.
Bring on next year!
By jtc
JB's race today saved McLaren's position in the constructors, and therefore several millions of Euros.

He was seen having a "heated" discussion with Ron post-race, after doing "goodbye" donuts out on track after the chequered flag.

I do hope he's still in F1 next year as a driver. If not, then I hope he goes and does WEC and works as a pundit on Sky!
By ben-111
not the race I wanted although the right guy won, was nice of nico to show great sportsmanship, something I felt he was missing at a couple of points this year
By EagleCTR
ben-111 wrote:not the race I wanted although the right guy won, was nice of nico to show great sportsmanship, something I felt he was missing at a couple of points this year
Yup, justice was served for him though. Now Lewis has his second title I wonder how the team dynamics will develop next year.
Although I have never been a fan of Button I would like him to stay at Mclaren and see how he does against the teammate destroyer that is Alonso.
By jtc
What a BS article. The finances are all off - it's not like they'd join F1 and buy a Merc/Honda/Renault/Ferrari engine. They'd need to develop their own (completely different to the WEC specs). That would take years and likely £500m+ before even hiring experienced F1 aero experts and engineers.

It's not like they'd buy Marussia's entry either.
By Sedge
That comes and goes. It was put down a few weeks ago. EJ mentioned it again today and saying 2017 was the season.
By Kingston
Thought Honda where making a return to the fold as an actual outfit?
By Sedge
No, McLaren Honda. Not been announced yet if they will supply engines to other customers.
By Sedge
BBC Sport wrote: Jules Bianchi 'did not slow sufficiently' before crash - FIA report
Formula 1 driver Jules Bianchi did not slow down sufficiently to avoid losing control when he crashed at the Japanese GP, an FIA accident report has found.
Marussia driver Bianchi, 25, suffered severe head injuries when he crashed into a recovery vehicle in wet conditions at Suzuka in October.
He is no longer in an artificial coma and is breathing unaided, but remains unconscious in hospital in Nice.
The FIA say he hit the 6,500kg crane at a speed of 126kph (78mph).
Bianchi suffered a diffuse axonal head injury when he crashed into a recovery vehicle at Suzuka that was removing Adrian Sutil's Sauber car from the circuit.
After a review of all the evidence, a 10-man Accident Panel appointed by the FIA issued a 396-page report on their findings.
One of the conclusions was that "Bianchi did not slow sufficiently to avoid losing control at the same point on the track as Sutil".
In the days following the accident, Marussia said they were "shocked and angered" by reports from some media outlets that suggest Bianchi did not slow down under caution flags.
They also denied claims they told Bianchi to go faster during the caution period to keep a rival behind.
Marussia have since ceased trading with all staff made redundant after they failed to secure funding to compete next season.
The report added: "During the two seconds Bianchi's car was leaving the track and traversing the run-off area, he applied both throttle and brake together, using both feet.
"The Failsafe algorithm is designed to over-ride the throttle and cut the engine, but was inhibited by the torque coordinator, which controls the rear brake-by-wire (BBW) system.
"Bianchi's Marussia has a unique design of BBW, which proved to be incompatible with the Failsafe settings.
"The fact that the Failsafe did not disqualify the engine torque requested by the driver may have affected the impact velocity; it has not been possible to reliably quantify this.
"However, it may be that Bianchi was distracted by what was happening and the fact that his front wheels had locked, and been unable to steer the car such that it missed the crane."
By EagleCTR
dandemoraliser wrote:http://www1.skysports.com/f1/news/12479 ... rsday?1234
Jenson Button and Kevin Magnussen's McLaren's fates are set to be decided at a board meeting on Thursday as the team's delayed driver decision finally approaches its endgame.
As much as I would love to see Button get humiliated by Alonso it looks like Magnussen will get the drive. They dont seem to be able to reach a decision and the longer it goes on the worse it is for Button. He should do the honourable thing to save face and walk out.
By jtc
JB deserves the drive, having secured McLaren their constructors position in the recent season.

It's a bit farcical now. You can guarantee it was like a boys club in that boardroom and no-one backing anything but their own interests. McLaren certainly aren't the modern F1 team they used to be. Shame really.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]