The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

BTCC, 4 wheels? 2 Wheels? On Water? How are the Honda teams doing?
By EagleCTR
Confirmed now though. Will be interesting to see how he stacks up against Alonso.
How is the team dynamic going to work now though, seeing as Button knows Dennis doesn't want him in the team anymore. Handshakes through gritted teeth and fake smiles. I know Button is desperate to stay in F1 but c'mon he was treated like poo during this process.
By jtc
JB's signed up for 2 years! Wow.

I'm not so sure Ron was against retaining JB, I think it was more a case of £££. He was always the logical choice.
By Sedge
IIRC Honda paid a fair amount of his salary for the WDC winning year in the deal struck with Brawn; even though he took a major cut. They also funded some of the team for that year too.
By ben-111
Good news, although I think Ron wanted Kevin, if so jenson is basically working for someone who wanted him gone, could get tense at this level
By EagleCTR
Its funny seeing Ron blame Lewis for the troubles between Alonso and McLaren in 2007. Yeah, I am certain Lewis made Alonso blackmail McLaren over the information they obtained about the Ferrari cars!
When it all falls apart and the car isnt as quick as the Mercedes, Ron and Alonso are going to be at each others throats. As for Button, it has been said that he has performance clauses in his new contract, so if he doesnt do the job he could be replaced by Mags. Ron even said he had causes for concern with Button, so that should dispel any doubt that he doesnt really want the guy in the team anymore.
This marriage of drivers and team principal is a divorce waiting to happen. Of course the media will love it, especially if next year is more Mercedes domination.
By jtc
Ferrari's marketing/graphics design department's view of what F1 car design should be moving towards ...

By Sedge
It looks like they've based it on Formula E and then improved it.
By Mad-Dog
Anyone seen the interview on sky with Horner and the Renault engine.....reeks of double standards. Was a massive difference when redbull held the advantage and were beating all and sundry
By jtc
Boring race this morning. I switched off as the cars crossed the line and went back to sleep. It's nice to see Lewis has the measure of Nico though, and he knows it :bigthumb:
By jtc
Great race at Bahrain :bigthumb:

This is a good article on Honda's PU too - http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/118626

A lot of these reliability problems are the result of Honda trying to steal a march on its engine rivals by incorporating new and unproven technology, as, with in-season development limited, it did not want to start 2015 with a basic power unit set-up that would be hard to improve.

Honda has split its turbo, but the way it has done so is different to Mercedes, as the turbo sits within the tight confines of the 'V' of the engine, along with the MGU-H.

To fit a turbo into this space, it appears that Honda has pioneered the use of an axial flow compressor.

Rather than a large centrifugal fan, there are a series of smaller fans along a shaft.
By Sedge
Ah! Scarbs is back!
I have missed his blog. Didn't realise he was writing for Autosport.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]