The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

BTCC, 4 wheels? 2 Wheels? On Water? How are the Honda teams doing?
By jtc
Given Marussia's 9th in this year's championship, and "only" £30m of debt, I'd be surprised if someone didn't buy the team PDQ before the end of this month. As long as they secure the team before the cutoff for 2015 entry, they'll be entitled to that 9th place money ... (and I can't see Sauber getting some points by magic). The 2015 entry will be worth some serious dosh should the new investors then look to sell the team on.
By Mad-Dog
I can see vettel's point on the engine rule, however, these rules have been well known and red bull should have made better use of the opportunities to protect the engine/car when they've had a chance. Ricciardo has finished nearly all of his races this season and has an engine to use this weekend
By EagleCTR
All because the bigger teams at the front of the grid couldnt agree to a budget cap. F1 is starting to go the way of English football clubs, but unlike them arent allowed to operate with massive and continuing debt.
Falling fanbase and silly rules like this end of season double pointer, could these be the final throws of a sport in serious decline.
Bernie needs to be replaced IMO.
By Gravy
Valid points, but then, Marussia and Caterham are never going to win a race, so what is the point of having them on the grid?
By Sedge
All I can think of is driver development seats. Possibly more second teams like Red Bull & Torro Rosso. Tony Fernandez had a point when be sold the team; you don't have the same chances of winning as an underdog like you do in football. I thought it was a shame because he seemed to be a decent team boss and reminded me of EJ a little.
By Gravy
Some very interesting talk about finances today.
Makes me wish I understood how the money side of F1 works.
Mercedes have put a lot of time, thought and money into winning the constructor's title, but only because they have the finances to do it. That's great for them and their fans, but it does feel like a bit of a retrograde step, back to the days when Ferrari simply outspent everybody else.

I thought it was interesting what one of the Sky pundits was saying about how American Football is funded, with each team getting an equal share of the pie.
If F1 did that, maybe we wouldn't see so many drivers effectively buying their seats from teams which have no other option but to allow it to happen and ultimately, this would be of benefit to those drivers who genuinely do have the talent required to be competing at the top of motorsport.

Sedge, you make a good point about driver development, but isn't that what GP2 is for?
It's difficult to spot potential champions in cars that are at the back of the F1 grid. All we can do it compare them to their team-mates ... I mean, how many of us fans saw Ricciardo's potential when he was driving a Torro Rosso? I certainly didn't. I thought his promotion was simply being on-message with the philosophy of the Red Bull group, but now he's in the big team, he's definitely showing his worth.

In other news ... GO NICO!!! ... good job, son. Hammy looks perturbed :-)
By Sedge
Whenever you see someone come from GP2 they always say it's a big step. I agree that it is the ideal feeder series but as the budgets and car specifications are so much lower 'nothing is like F1'.
Because of the money required to get into F1 with people buying seats sidelining a third seat for development would be a great way to get some new blood into the sport and hopefully show up the paid seats.

I've often wondered about the drivers and cars; with the recent hardware changes (and the Riccardo swap) all I seem to come to is that all the drivers are similarly skilled and it's the hardware which makes the winners.

Boo Nico ;-)
By Gravy
Sedge wrote:... it's the hardware which makes the winners.
Oh, definitely.
I think the difference between champions and runners-up is down to who can make the most of what they're given.
Look at Button-vs-Barichello, Vettel-vs-Webber all of them had a car that was ahead of the rest of the field, but Barichello and Webber never really looked much like winning the championship.

It seems different with Mercedes this year, which is frickin' awesome, imo.
Two top-class drivers in top-class hardware, each capable of beating the other, but who will win at the end of the year?

I just wish this double points nonsense would FOAD :-(
Nobody wants it. The teams don't want it, the drivers don't want it, the fans don't want it, so why dafuq do we have it? ... answer :- some doddery old c**t who should have stepped down a long time ago.
By Gravy
Some great action out there today [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
I thought Vergne's move on Grosjean was a little Banzai, mind. :lol:

Well done to Lewis. He got the job done fair & square. A little front wing tweak and Nico was a sitting duck :salut:
There were some truly strong performances all through the field, really ... Button, Alonso, Vettel, Ricciardo ... christ, that boy can mix it up!

WTF is wrong with Raikkonen this year though? :scratch:
It would be funny if Ferrari held Alonso to his contract and binned Kimi instead. :shouldbeinteresting:
After everything that Alonso has said about Vettel, that would make a really interesting intra-team battle :-D
By ben-111
Kimi's just a sensitive driver, give him the steering feel he wants and he'd take the fight to alonso,

The problems either, the current car caters to alonsos driving style or he's much better at getting the most out a car that doesn't suit him, although with him been in the team so many years as lead driver I refuse to believe it doesn't suit him
By Gravy
All of which rather begs the question of why, at the closing stages of the season, do Ferrari have a package which suits neither of their World Champions?
By ben-111
Incompetent?

it has to suit alonso more than kimi, it just has to, over the years alonso would have been telling them he needs this and that, kimi's arrived and having to drive a slow car that's catered towards alonso's style
By ben-111
Also it's about time people realise nico simply isn't a match for Lewis, he's beat nico in every single race theve started on the front row apart from Monaco for obvious reasons, Lewis's race craft is simply much better than nico's, this year has proved nico is a good qualifier although Lewis is a little better in this also, I know nico has won the team mate battle for that this year but Lewis has had many issues this years in qualifying just like Saturday just gone, the fact were talking about the title going to the last race is simply down to Lewis's bad luck this season more than anything else, although it's better for us fans :lol:

my overall perception of nico has gone up this year, but hes not on the same level as lewis
By Gravy
:lol:
Well, it's difficult to argue against the statistics.

Maybe we can just agree that Rosberg has proved to be closer to Lewis than many people thought he would be?

Course, it's still not over yet. Nico is still in with a chance.
However, what I wouldn't like to see is the result coming down to the double-points nonsense.
I mean, it's good that the title race isn't over two-thirds of the way through the season, as it keeps everyone interested, but double-points just feels wrong. Artificial.
By ben-111
yeah I'd put nico Inbetween button and alonso, I always felt nico was buttons equal.

the only chance nico has is mechanical issues for Lewis, not that he will but all Lewis has to do is follow nico home next 2 races and he's done it, I'd expect Lewis to be wary whilst overtaking nico but that's it, best thing Lewis can do is doing what he's been doing all year and giving it his all, don't play the percentage game, too much of a risk, I remember back in 2008 McLaren gave him a low downforce setup in Brazil to protect him on the straights, and it rained come race day and it almost struggled getting the required 5th place
By Gravy
Did anyone manage to make sense of any of that?
By ben-111
jtc wrote:Hmmm

http://www.crash.net/f1/news/210507/1/f ... ilton.html

Let the excuses begin, like every lost opportunity :lol:

Lol (copy & paste)

1) NICO RUES SPA MISTAKE.(hit LH) .....
2) NICO RUES MONZA MISTAKE (ran off twice at turn 1)
3) NICO RUES JAPAN MISTAKE (used dry race set up for wet Race)
4) NICO RUES SOCHI MISTAKE (Banzai Charge into Turn 1).......
5) NICO RUES AUSTIN MISTAKE (Press the wrong Button/Switch)not!

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]