The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

BTCC, 4 wheels? 2 Wheels? On Water? How are the Honda teams doing?
By Newannaive
anything's better than the cricket thread... :cool:

looking forward to the bbc coverage tbh...think they'll do a good job.
By Papillon
Newannaive wrote:anything's better than the cricket thread... :cool:
Go to India and say that. :lol:
By mileshardy2000
I think it'll be a really interesting season with all the rule changes and so on. Looks likes the honda team should be saved and their keeping Rubens :WOOT .
I notice most of the comments so far have been negative, but like cricket you have to understand it to love it. It's the same with F1, if you just want to watch a race watch the touring cars or some other crap, but if your interested in all the practice sessions, qualifying, car development and so on it's got to be formula 1
By Gravy
I'm with you , Swifty ... can't wait till the first race. I just hope I'm not at work that day, 'cos that would be a real pi55er!

There are some good drivers out there, but I suspect there will be one or two teams which will dominate ... which teams remains to be seen, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if there are a couple of ... er, surprises!

Come on Hamilton !
Come on Brawn Racing - or whatever, just BE there !!
By jtc
Looking forward to this season - particularly how KERS works out, and if BMW-sourced engines with their additional 100,000rpm flywheels have an advantage over the other battery boys.

Brawn's "Honda" should also be competitive, given the investment made last season on this season's car. I hope Button gets a podium or two.... but that could just be hope :lol:

I think Ferrari may take this season in the constructors and possibly also a Ferrari driver to win. I don't see Hamilton walking away with it, throwing it away maybe. I hope he wins, but I also hope Massa explodes in a massive electrical fireball. I can't see either happening though.
By Rhondapety
Ithink Toyota may be strong this year given their budget and hunger for success. I also think the honda, powered by a mercedes engine :roll: may do well at a few tracks. As some of us already know, the 2009 honda was being developed way back in 2008 and Honda were the first team to successfully test a working KERS system :cool:

Whilst I do hope Lewis does well I can't help but feel that McLaren have a few problems to iron out before the car will be as competitive as last years. They have been running the 2008 rear wing on the 2009 car far too long which may suggest they are having trouble with downforce on the rear with the new, smaller, 2009 wing. Also, Lewis likes the rear of the car to move around quite a bit, but I'm not convinced the slicks this season will allow this, so his driving style may have to change and that's a no no, for Lewis. His driving style is one of his key attributes. In a recent test in the full 2009 spec car he was only eighth fastest :shock: Just imagine if he produced this result in an actual race, it's easily possible if he isn't completely comfortable with the car!

Then you have Alonso, hungry, with a lot to prove, and Renaults engineers who know how to win world championships! Make no mistake, Alonso will be driving out of his skin this season, and rumour has it he will be driving a Ferrari in 2010/11. But what's with that big nose on the Renault? Maybe Alonso's huge chin inspired the designers :lol:

The BMW's will also be strong. Look at how good they were last year, and they stopped development on the car in the later stages of the season to concentrate on the 2009 car. Kubica matched Räikkönen on points last season for joint third!

All things considered I think at least 4 teams have the ability to win the drivers/constructors championship. Whereas in previous years only two teams had that ability. It’s going to be very interesting!
:cooldude:
By EvoStu
Hamilton again. The Brawn GP should be competitive but the change to the Mercedes engine could hamper them due to the difference in balance on the car compared to the Honda design.
The Honda units were regarded as one of the lightest out of all the cars on the track. Interesting year ahead though.

EvoStu.
By Southwell
EvoStu wrote:Hamilton again. The Brawn GP should be competitive but the change to the Mercedes engine could hamper them due to the difference in balance on the car compared to the Honda design.
The Honda units were regarded as one of the lightest out of all the cars on the track. Interesting year ahead though.

EvoStu.
It's suggested that the Honda lump was un to 60hp down on Mercs. They are apparently not running Mercs gearbox either.

1º 16 Jenson Button Brawn GP 00:01'20''313 86 Fastest lap of the week so far
.2º 12 Timo Glock Toyota 00:01'21''046 00:00'00''733 58
.3º 5 Fernando Alonso Renault 00:01'21''100 00:00'00''787 55
.4º 2 Felipe Massa Ferrari 00:01'21''150 00:00'00''837 14
.5º 15 Sebastian Vettel Red Bull 00:01'21''165 00:00'00''852 43
.6º 4 Robert Kubica BMW-Sauber 00:01'21''201 00:00'00''888 57
.7º 7 Nico Rosberg Williams 00:01'21''482 00:00'01''169 30
.8º 21 Giancarlo Fisichella Force India 00:01'21''572 00:00'01''259 43
.9º 22 Lewis Hamilton McLaren 00:01'21''657 00:00'01''344 46
.10º 15 Sebastien Buemi Toro Rosso 00:01'21''919 00:00'01''606 50

It looks like Mclaren are in all sorts of trouble, they've been trying new things all week with little improvement, unless their sandbagging.
By Alanok
Well Jenson has just posted a near 1.19 lap of Barcelona, mightily impressive and massively quicker than last years car. I have my fingers crossed these are legal runs not aimed at catching the eye of a sponsor. Somehow I don't think so.

Pos Driver Team Time Laps
1. Button Brawn-Mercedes (B) 1:19.127 124
2. Massa Ferrari (B) 1:20.168 109
3. Kubica BMW Sauber (B) 1:20.217 109
4. Glock Toyota TF109 (B) 1:20.410 99
5. Alonso Renault R29 (B) 1:20.863 107
6. Vettel Red Bull-Renault (B) 1:21.165 102
7. Rosberg Williams-Toyota (B) 1:21.324 89
8. Fisichella Force India-Mercedes (B) 1:21.545 97
9. Buemi Toro Rosso-Ferrari (B) 1:21.569 140
10. Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes (B) 1:21.657 82
By Gravy
I'm really looking forward to seeing F1 back on BBC. No adverts FTW ! :WOOT

It sounds from this page that the beeb have thought hard about how they can provide fans with great coverage.
The BBC wrote:F1 fans will be able to customise their viewing experience through the BBC's multi-platform offering with options such as: split-screen action; a live leaderboard; in-car cameras; choice of commentary; live online streaming; live text; interactive forums; circuit guides; and blogs.
Every race and qualifying session will be shown live on BBC One, with the exception of qualifying for the Brazilian Grand Prix on 17 October, which will be shown on BBC Two.
The BBC's red button interactive TV service will broadcast live coverage of all on-track sessions - Friday and Saturday practice, qualifying and race.
On race day, viewers will be able to choose from three different video streams.
I'm also very pleased that Martin Brundle will be one of the commentators. I like his style and his experience comes through without being too technical. He is to F1 what Dennis Taylor is to snooker.
Whether David Coulthard does a decent job of a pundit remains to be seen, due to his "Dourness" - still, I had to laugh when he told Louise whats'erface that he was going to "kick seven shades of sh-t out of the little child without a father" [Massa] live on air. Classic TV moment.

They are even bringing Murray Walker back for some post-race punditry!

I'm off to set my freeview recorder for the whole sheebang. :-D
This is going to be awesome!! :thumbup:

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]