The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

BTCC, 4 wheels? 2 Wheels? On Water? How are the Honda teams doing?
By RickHondaR
swift85 wrote:
RickHondaR wrote:The point that some people are missing is TBH this could happen to any of us in the morning, and unlike Jenson we dont have a lot of 00000's on our bank balance :sad:

Wont happen to me.

I'm Awesome :thumbup:
I bet Jenson would have said that last week
By Gravy
illeagalhunter wrote:He is pish anyway
He's better than you :badrazz:

Carefully considered and qualified insightful critique FTW
[is there an emoticon for sarcasm ?]
By Dazmb
I wonder how Honda will spin the whole Type R 'red H, racing heritage only on race cars.... etc' line now if they don't actually have any race cars ! (other than Indy cars maybe).

It's a sad state of affairs for Honda and Type R.
By Mark83
RickHondaR wrote:The point that some people are missing is TBH this could happen to any of us in the morning, and unlike Jenson we dont have a lot of 00000's on our bank balance :sad:
Happened to me yesterday. I knew it was coming but now it's official.
By Sam_EP3
The entire operation will be sold for a £1 to any potential bidders in the coming weeks. Ill take the pit girls, any spare engines, swish motor homes and overpriced merchandise youve got, you can keep the multi million pound wage bill, development costs and shite 'earth dream' ideas for yourself Mr Honda.
By mikeyv
Strange that a thread about Winehouse and her drugs decline gets shifted to the murky depths of the music section, yet a thread concerning motor sport is started and allowed to flourish in general chat?

Wonder why?
By Arran
Just turned on the news and heard this! :shock:

(Not the best thing to hear the day you take delivery of anything Honda related!)
By Arran
mikeyv wrote:Strange that a thread about Winehouse and her drugs decline gets shifted to the murky depths of the music section, yet a thread concerning motor sport is started and allowed to flourish in general chat?

Wonder why?
:salut:
By EvoStu
Tec wrote:Toyota may well pull out now too. Can't be bothered with the expense and lack of performance.
Yup unfortunately the rumours are rife that Toyota, Renault and Ford are looking at pulling out of F1.

I can see F1 being postponed this season.

EvoStu.
By Composite Guru
EvoStu wrote:
Tec wrote:Toyota may well pull out now too. Can't be bothered with the expense and lack of performance.
Yup unfortunately the rumours are rife that Toyota, Renault and Ford are looking at pulling out of F1.

EvoStu.
Ford aren't in F1 anymore!!

I should know because i used to work for the t*ssers! :thumbup:
By he-man
I was listening to the Max the pervert on the radio this morning.
He was blamming the teams for not listening to him trying to reduce the cost of F1.
The Facts are, it is because of the FIA changing the rules every week. Teams then have to pump so much money into exploiting the new rules to save .1 sec over a race difference. FIA screw each circuit over, making them spend millions on redevelopment and infastructure. F1 is a product of the FIA, and if teams can't afford to buy into it, it is the FIAs fault IMO.
By EvoStu
Composite Guru wrote:
EvoStu wrote:

EvoStu.
Ford aren't in F1 anymore!!

I should know because i used to work for the t*ssers! :thumbup:
Yeah sorry I lifted that from one of the F1 forums. I think the person who wrote it thought that Ford were still supplying teams with components.
Apparently though the Renault and Toyota rumours have more than a bit of weight to them. :shock:

EvoStu.
By dandemoraliser
It just wasn;t sustainable to keep going the way it was. Honda aren't even providing engines (normally a company sidestep to plugging millions into a full team)

Think they've just made a decisive decision to get out now whilst they still can, mid season pull outs are never a good idea and due to having to sign the team on for the following season in the early part of next year they've saved that money as well.

Seems they've folded their hand at poker first but tbh i don't think they'll be alone.
By Wakey
Hope they still pile kazillions into developing the robot that walks upstairs....next season they're concentrating on getting it to make the tea.

Fair well F1.
By EvoStu
Wakey wrote:Hope they still pile kazillions into developing the robot that walks upstairs....next season they're concentrating on getting it to make the tea.

Fair well F1.
Its planned for Asimo to go into production at some point. They are doing more and more for a new purpose built R&D department to aid in human aid and development.
F1 was just a millstone around their neck and if you look at the figures being spouted around it seems that whilst Honda are one of the biggest funded teams they just have to protect their core business.
Its fair enough really. As I say I fully expect the team and its drivers, HQ and staff to be taken over by someone, but obviously the engine manufacturers now get one less.

Its ironic really that on the last race the only Honda car running burst into flames when the race finished. :lol:

EvoStu.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]