The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

BTCC, 4 wheels? 2 Wheels? On Water? How are the Honda teams doing?
By evilowl
Another race, another disappointment :lol: Perhaps he should just quit while he's behind.

Lewis Hamilton, on the other hand - 3 podiums from his first 3 races. I'm impressed. Could he be a title contender this year? I think so
By Kenny
evilowl wrote:Could he be a title contender this year? I think so
Brundle and The Cock kept banging on about 'when the rookie will make his first big mistake' today.
I get the impression they might have quite a wait, Hamilton seems to have match on his world champion team mates abilities.

Jenson and Honda have somehow managed to fail to turn up for this season, even David-(Why do you have such a strange shaped head!) The Tard!-Coulthard seemed to be on the ball today.
By Debrooker
the focus moving from Jenson to Lewis should take some of the expectation of Jenson's shoulders. Still Honda have dropped a bollok this season. I can see Barrichello looking elsewhere for a seat next season.
By sjw
Had to cringe when the two Super Aguri engines blew. Not really the kind of PR that Honda want, with the commentator being sure to mention the engine constructor.
By EagleCTR
Button must be gutted he isnt ITV's golden boy anymore. Not only has he been overtaken by Hamilton but Davidson is doing better than him in the Super Aguri. Come to think of it, the non-works Honda team showing more promise must frustrate the hell out of him more.
Am already enjoying this season, I just knew it would get much more competitive once the big chinned one retired.
By mini bilko
I don't normally watch F1, but thanks to the introduction of Hamilton, I have seen bits of the first 3 races. Hamilton is showing great promise. There's alot of hype surrounding him, and that he's only as good as he is down to the car he's driving. But, lets be honest, he must have done something right in order to earn a drive in a competative car - not only that, but he is also equal on points with an already proven Alonso...

I say "Go Hamilton GO!!!" :D

Who's Jenson btw?? :lol:
By Debrooker
mini bilko wrote: he must have done something right in order to earn a drive in a competative car
i bet he's quite cheap ;-) i'd drive for a can of coke and a curly wurly
By dtango
Put Hamilton in a Honda and it'll be a different story.
By EagleCTR
dtango wrote:Put Hamilton in a Honda and it'll be a different story.
He would probably have out qualified Barrichello, which Button failed to do.
By evilowl
dtango wrote:Put Hamilton in a Honda and it'll be a different story.
Put Jenson in a McLaren and it would be the same story

Jenson = the Tim Henman of F1
By sugarpuff
Poor old Jenson, I feel sorry for him, he stayed with Honda thinking he might challenge for title then they go get all 'GREEN' on him and send him out for the season in a under powered motor, as was said in another post racing is not as place for enviromental engines.....unless they all do it
By dandemoraliser
Well done Lewis,

Did well to keep his cool in those conditions, given up on honda's ability in F1, they should have just kept last years car.

Seems to have wokred out well for the super aguri lot!!!! (Unless you hit a beaver of course!!!! Mr Davidson!!!)

Oh and of course Kubica accident!!!

Damn..... :shock:
By Alanok
sugarpuff wrote:Poor old Jenson, I feel sorry for him, he stayed with Honda thinking he might challenge for title then they go get all 'GREEN' on him and send him out for the season in a under powered motor, as was said in another post racing is not as place for enviromental engines.....unless they all do it
"Under powered motor"? Seemed to be plenty of horses in the Super Aguri which is the exact same engine. Its the aero thats screwing up the Honda car, specifically the front wing, nose area. Not producing enough downforce and creating too much drag.
By dandemoraliser
Alanok wrote:
sugarpuff wrote:Poor old Jenson, I feel sorry for him, he stayed with Honda thinking he might challenge for title then they go get all 'GREEN' on him and send him out for the season in a under powered motor, as was said in another post racing is not as place for enviromental engines.....unless they all do it
"Under powered motor"? Seemed to be plenty of horses in the Super Aguri which is the exact same engine. Its the aero thats screwing up the Honda car, specifically the front wing, nose area. Not producing enough downforce and creating too much drag.

Not sure its the same engine, i think the honda is all new, the super aguri is last years engine with few mods on and different aero pack....
By Alanok
dandemoraliser wrote:
Alanok wrote:

Not sure its the same engine, i think the honda is all new, the super aguri is last years engine with few mods on and different aero pack....
Last years engine is this years engine with a 19,000rpm rev limit. Engine spec is frozen for the forseeable future as a environmental issue and to cut costs.
By Griffyn
dandemoraliser wrote:Well done Lewis,

Did well to keep his cool in those conditions, given up on honda's ability in F1, they should have just kept last years car.

Seems to have wokred out well for the super aguri lot!!!! (Unless you hit a beaver of course!!!! Mr Davidson!!!)

Oh and of course Kubica accident!!!

Damn..... :shock:
Well the video has been pulled down but this camera angle is just immense:

Oh and ITV lied he didnt brake his leg and he actually drove himself after he was discharged from the hospital!!! What a hard man!

Also agree Honda are doing so badly this year its just madness! They have improved somewhat but still suck!

Fairplay to Hamilton he has been mightily impressive thus far! Just wish my team (Ferrari) got rid of Kimi as he has been so disappointing in general in F1. Massa hasn't been bad this year but was such a shame he left the pits with the red light on as that screwed his day up so much :sad: :sad:
By mini bilko
Vitz wrote:Massa hasn't been bad this year but was such a shame he left the pits with the red light on as that screwed his day up so much :sad: :sad:
I'd put my bottom dollar on Schumacher getting away with that!! :lol:
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]