The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Go go juice and lubrication.
oilman wrote:Hi Marc

It's a good oil as it's a top end product from Millers, so that makes it worth the same as the Millers CFS, Fuchs Pro S etc. You then need to decide if the extra £20 is worth it for the potential power gain.

http://www.millersoils.co.uk/nanodrive.asp

£20 is cheap for any sort of power gain, so I'd say it's worth it if you have the spare cash and would mind an extra couple of bhp.

Cheers

TIm
When you put it like that....

Well I just placed my order and did priority delivery as you suggested. Hopefully it will arrive before Sat as I wish to service it Sat.

Thanks for your help.

Marc
Hi

The 300V is an ester based oil (so one of the best oils on the market for performance use) and the X-Cess is a hydrocracked oil, mainly aimed at road use although it's fine for some track time.

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/pdfs/tech-art ... ptions.pdf

Cheers

Tim
I just bought an Accord (2.0 , R20A3 petrol) with cca 24.000 miles.
The car will be used mostly in weekends with perhaps some extentend periods of sitting in box.
I want to use the Motul 300V 5w 40 (like in my Type R) for best engine protection, not performance.

Is this ok or is just an overkill for this engine and I should go for the 8100 X-cess? Also , Honda recommends 0w 20 , 0w 30 oils for this engine.....

many many thanks and best regards
Using a 5w-40, 0w-40, 5w-30 or 0w-30 will be fine for it, but you might find it will burn a drop of oil with the 5w-30 or 0w-30 (although it might not, youcan only find out by trying different grades).

I would say that the 300V is probably overkill for road use, but there is the Motul Sport 5w-40, which basically sits between the X-Cess and 300V (it's basically X-Cess with an ester content) and that is a more sensible option than 300V to me, if you want to go for Motul. X-Cess is a very well proven oil and a good option if you don't fancy paying for an ester based oil. We've got the Millers CFS on offer (until midnight on Monday) with 25% off and that is a top end oil, but works out at £37.50 for 5L with the 25% off deal.

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/t-Current-Offer.aspx

Cheers

Tim
oilman wrote:Using a 5w-40, 0w-40, 5w-30 or 0w-30 will be fine for it, but you might find it will burn a drop of oil with the 5w-30 or 0w-30 (although it might not, youcan only find out by trying different grades).

I would say that the 300V is probably overkill for road use, but there is the Motul Sport 5w-40, which basically sits between the X-Cess and 300V (it's basically X-Cess with an ester content) and that is a more sensible option than 300V to me, if you want to go for Motul. X-Cess is a very well proven oil and a good option if you don't fancy paying for an ester based oil. We've got the Millers CFS on offer (until midnight on Monday) with 25% off and that is a top end oil, but works out at £37.50 for 5L with the 25% off deal.

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/t-Current-Offer.aspx

Cheers

Tim
Hi oilman,

You say the 300V is overkill, so would the Silkolene Pro S 5W 40 suffer the same fate in my EP3 Type-R used as a daily?

I drive hard to and from work a lot with the odd economical days in between ;) (and on the weekends when I take it for a bash - it never sees track days though) and I'm looking for an upgrade from the Shell Helix Ultra 5W 40 oil I'm using atm (service due soon and an oil change is on the books).

Would the Pro S suffice or should I be looking for something less "hardcore" for what I use my car for?

Also, it'll be used during winter as a daily. What would you recommend (if a change is required) I use during the time the temperatures drop suddenly?

Thanks.
Gurdip
Hi Gurdip

With the 300V, it is overkill as there is the Motul Sport that will do the same job in a road car. The Pro S is similar to the 300V, but Fuchs doesn't have a cheaper ester based oil, so I wouldn't say it's overkill. Pro S or Motul Sport 5w-40 will be fine for all year round use in your car and the ester content helps with cold start protection.

Cheers

Tim
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]