The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Go go juice and lubrication.
Hi Tim,

If I can wrack your brain on another matter: brake fluid.

As far as I know since my last service, Honda have always used OEM brake fluid in my EP3 Type-R.

I want to upgrade my brake lines and fluid at the same time. I don't race it on track, bar the odd track day with the forum and spend most of my time using the car for commuting.

Is there a popular brake fluid choice for what I use my car for?

Thanks,

Gurdip
Hi Gurdip

The best fluids for the brakes and clutch are the Castrol SRF, Motul RBF660 and Gulf RF1000. The Motul RBF600, Gulf RF800, Millers 300 Plus and Fuchs Pro Race are close to those, but don't have quite as high boiling points. In reality, they are overkill for road use though. The next step down (in performance terms), but still an upgrade over standard are the Gulf Racing 5.1, Motul DOT 5.1 and Castrol React Performance. Any of the other DOT4 fluids we have are fine to use as a standard choice.

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/c-450-brake-f ... fluid.aspx

Motul RBF 600 would probably be the most popular for a similar spec car to yours with a bit of track time, although one of the DOT 5.1 fluids would probably be fine as well.

Cheers

Tim

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]