The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Go go juice and lubrication.
By AntEP3
Hi everyone, this has probably been covered a few times. But I need to know which oil is best for my EP3 with 100k miles. I checked the oil this morning and it has very little in, so I topped it up with 15w 40 part synthetic, as it's all I had. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
By oilman
Hi

Topping up with that oil is okay, but I would use a 5w-40 for a service in an EP3.

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/c-656-5w-40.aspx

Out of those, the best ones are the Fuchs/Silkolene Pro S, Millers CFS/CFS NT, Motul Sport/300V, Red Line and Gulf Competition. The Motul 8100 X-Cess, Millers XF Longlife, Fuchs GT1 XTL/Supersyn, Gulf Formula G/ULE, Shell Helix and Mobil Super 3000 are good, cheaper alternatives.

Cheers

Tim
By AntEP3
Thanks Tim. Do you think I'd be ok using VTEC as normal with the 15w40 oil? May sound daft, but I've only had the car a few days, and don't want any issues. I've heard people mention millers XF and also royal purple. But I'll definitely have a read of the above link, thanks bud
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]