The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Go go juice and lubrication.
By VR4Man
Managed to read all the way through this thread, and I was quite impressed with myself. However, I am VERY impressed with oilman's patience - well done!

Silkolene will be the one I get next time, otherwise I might see what I can get from Amsoil.
By oilman
The Pro S is an upgrade, the site always lists the stock recommendations.

The Pro S is far better than all the ones recommended but it is our intention to offer it as a later date as an upgrade service pack

Cheers
Simon
By akhan48
I asked my dealer yesterday which oil I should be using in my car, and they have recommended Castrol SLX Professional Fuel Saver 0w 30... What do you guys make of this recommendation?
oilman wrote:
Jack_is_Back wrote: So which oil should I put in my CTR then? :wink: :lol:
The recomended oil for the car is a 0w-40 or 5w-40 fully synthetic depending on what your preference is.

Options are;

Castrol RS Power 0w-40
Mobil 1 0w-40
Total Quartz9000 5w-40
Fuchs Titan Supersyn SL 5w-40
Silkolene ProS 5w-40 (ester)

As you can see there is a few to choose from. If you really want the best oil for your car then the ester based oil is the way to go.

Cheers

Guy
i use mobil 1 0w - 40. use a fair bit too!
By Superbully
oilman wrote:The Pro S is an upgrade, the site always lists the stock recommendations.

The Pro S is far better than all the ones recommended but it is our intention to offer it as a later date as an upgrade service pack

Cheers
Simon
I can't seem to find the silkolene i wanted to put in. What would be the next best thing? They had castrol edge - was the most expensive thing they had at 72€ for 5L. should i go for that? they also had Mobil one 0 - 40W.
any other ester based oils to choose from or is silkolene the only?
By sugarpuff
akhan48 wrote:I asked my dealer yesterday which oil I should be using in my car, and they have recommended Castrol SLX Professional Fuel Saver 0w 30... What do you guys make of this recommendation?
That is what most Honda dealers will sell and use for services. They will also say the 10w 40 one aswell.

Ive been using it in mine for ages with no probs
By sendai
superbully wrote:had to plump for mobil 1 in the end, couldn't get something else.
neither I. seems that in Italy it's not easy to find the Motul 5w 40..... so next time I will buy from the oilman :thumbup:

best regards :smile:
By Superbully
sendai wrote:
superbully wrote:had to plump for mobil 1 in the end, couldn't get something else.
neither I. seems that in Italy it's not easy to find the Motul 5w 40..... so next time I will buy from the oilman :thumbup:

best regards :smile:
eh :scratch:

Am i the only one that thinks this doesn't make sense :vconf:
By simons'civic
does this work well..... Motul 300v 5w40 Synthetic Engine Oil ?? if so how many litres does a oil change ??as i have no idea as i have not had car very long ..thanks regards sy :roll: :thumbup:
By simons'civic
or maybe total quartz 5w40 or are these oils no good ?? i am doing my own filter and oil change at the weekend also im looking for a decent fuel filter i any 1 knows were i can get 1 from ? :scratch:
By Newannaive
simons'civic wrote:does this work well..... Motul 300v 5w40 Synthetic Engine Oil ?? if so how many litres does a oil change ??as i have no idea as i have not had car very long ..thanks regards sy :roll: :thumbup:
excellent oil, you will need 4.7litres.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]