The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Go go juice and lubrication.
By PH47MF
oilman wrote:If you got one that old its very odd as we turn our Castrol stock over on a weekly basis.

The oil will be fine but, if you're unhappy contact Guy or Tim and they sort it out for you.

The oldest we have seen is Ebay, 6 years :shock:

Cheers
As long as it is still good and usable then I'm not too fussed. I just wanted to make sure it is fine to use and I haven't been conned sort of thing. :lol:
I received it a days ago, which is the buy 4 litres and get 1 litre free promotion, and both containers have april 09 written on it. If you, the oilman :salut: , say it is fine then that'll do. :smile:
By CFA
Hi quick question as I am a bit stuck on something. I have only had my car two weeks its ctr 51 plate and service is not due for another 9k miles. Basically I have some oil at home its Tesco's supergrade 10w / 40 (SAE 10W/40: API SL:ACEA A3/B3) Will this oil be ok to stick into the ctr as top up until the next service when I will as recommended be giving her fully synthetic? Or should I just give it to someone else?

By CFA
I might just play the cheap skate until service time. How much is the Silkoline 0w/30 as I am quite a "normal driver" and would appreciate the better mpg.

Ta
By oilman
CFA wrote:I might just play the cheap skate until service time. How much is the Silkoline 0w/30 as I am quite a "normal driver" and would appreciate the better mpg.

Ta
Silkolene dont have a 0w-30, they do have a 5w-30.

If you want a 0w-30 thats the dog danglies then look at this one http://www.opieoils.co.uk/p-60121-gulf- ... -0w30.aspx

Cheers

Guy
By oilman
That Gulf Competition 0w-30 is a very good choice, but the engine isn't too fussy as long as it's between 0w-20 and 5w-40. If the car gets used hard, go for a 5w-40. If you want to get an extra mpg or two, go for a 0w-30 or 5w-30. If you want every last bhp out of the engine, go for a 0w-20, but there will be some engine wear using that thin an oil at high revs
By Gijs
Hey,

Since my car is almost due to an oil change.
I normally use Kroon oil 5W40 fully synthetic, but I have no clue if it's a good brand of oil, since it doesn't get mentioned here.. Worth changing to one of the brands mentioned here ?
By ><>><<><
Is it safe to change after years of using 10W60 for Mugen 5W30 or 5W20?

I just wanna see if there is any difference.

I use the car only in the summer, in the winter it sleeps.

I don't care I will have to fill it up more often, but... who cares. I don't drive too much.

By Pee Zed
Sorry if I sound stupid but if say we take a 5w-40 oil, am I right in saying that it is less viscous at a colder temperature? But I thought you won't want the oil to get thicker as the temperature rises (and this doesn't make sense to me, I thought oils would get less viscous with increasing temperature).

Hope I don't sound like a retard but I don't want to confuse myself.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]