The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

How to use this forum or technical problems/issues inluding avatar requests.
By gatecrasher3
For some reason the last visited date for my profile doesn't seem to be updating, seems stuck at 05/03/14 as screenshot.

It seem to possibly be having an effect on clearing read posts despite using the mark all as read option.

Last edited by gatecrasher3 on Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By gatecrasher3
jtc wrote:It has in your profile now you've posted....

Mine says Nov too at the top of the page
Strange. I did wonder if it was having an effect on the amount of pages of posts that are shown when choosing the new posts option as there seem to be several returned.
By dandemoraliser
This is due to performance reasons, it uses the entry in the users table which is updated when a user leaves the forum/logs out. When viewing a users profile the newest is used as compared to either the sessions table or the entry in the users table for that user.

So it isn't necessarily incorrect it just doesn't take into account if a user is currently on the forum.

So basically it will use cookies on the server to pick this data out. Logout and back in and it will be right again.
By gatecrasher3
Thanks for the info I just logged out and back in and as you said it updated. It also sorted out the 17 pages of read posts which is handy.

So simply closing the browser tab doesn't trigger the update to the time and date in the users table or the mark forums as read.
By dandemoraliser
gatecrasher3 wrote:Thanks for the info I just logged out and back in and as you said it updated. It also sorted out the 17 pages of read posts which is handy.

So simply closing the browser tab doesn't trigger the update to the time and date in the users table or the mark forums as read.
Not if you have saved cookies and have it remembering you, if you fully sign out it enables the push rather than waiting for site to do it etc.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]