The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

How to use this forum or technical problems/issues inluding avatar requests.
By EvoStu
OK folks, yes we know we have some issues with the PM facility being a little bit flakey and we're trying to resolve it.

However if does happen again, please don't go posting multiple questions on it.

We also know of an issue with PM's on the tapatalk platform as well, and tapatalk are looking at that.

Have also disabled the feedback mod and the arcade mod because these are not compatible with the latest releases of PHPBB. I also can't find an alternative at the moment either.
By EvoStu
Yup we know. The issue is with the updated code that tapatalk provided us with.
By mjhamilton
Well get them to provide code that works then ;)
By EvoStu
mjhamilton wrote:Well get them to provide code that works then ;)
I've already requested them to review their code change.

Question is how quickly they come up with a fix.
By noooooobs-type r
ekme520 wrote:
Laughing wrote:I don't get any email notifications when i receive a PM :sad:
+1
Same here

Of if i do its like 2 days later
By EvoStu
Not a lot we can do at the moment. On tapatalk they are instant, use that.
By noooooobs-type r
EvoStu wrote:Not a lot we can do at the moment. On tapatalk they are instant, use that.
No thanks, was just giving feedback, dont get any notifications anymore. Not a problem to keep checking
By EvoStu
noooooobs-type r wrote:
EvoStu wrote:Not a lot we can do at the moment. On tapatalk they are instant, use that.
No thanks, was just giving feedback, dont get any notifications anymore. Not a problem to keep checking
Why not use Tapatalk? It's a far better way to use the forum on a mobile device. Plus you get push notifications of replies etc to your posts if you want them.
By EvoStu
Stevo07 wrote:Is the forum just dying a slow death?
No. Its just some people are not getting PM notifications. If they use tapatalk however they will.
By EvoStu
ekme520 wrote:Yeah I just got tapatalk just use to getting emails as well
Tapatalk is the way forward to be honest for mobile.

The mail setup will be changed soon anyway, as will a lot of other things.
By Stevo07
EvoStu wrote:
No. Its just some people are not getting PM notifications. If they use tapatalk however they will.
In general though, it looks shitty lately (no offence) slow downs, old avatars appearing. etc :lol:
By EvoStu
Stevo07 wrote:
EvoStu wrote:
In general though, it looks shitty lately (no offence) slow downs, old avatars appearing. etc :lol:
Its up to the users to keep their avatars in place. The cache was cleared when we moved hosts.

You have no idea of the ball ache this move has been. Just be thankful we didn't lose the lot.

Now stop being Scottish and complaining all the time. ;-)
By Stevo07
Just wondering, not a complaint. My avatar randomly changed again a few days ago.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]