The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

How to use this forum or technical problems/issues inluding avatar requests.
By EvoStu
I've just changed the email settings so will see if this makes a difference. We get our notifications through on new sign up etc, so something must be wrong somewhere else.
By EvoStu
According to PHPBB support.

By default, phpBB will only send one notification email to each user subscribed to the topic when someone replies. Additional replies will not send more notifications UNTIL the user visits the topic again.

1) User subscribes to a topic
2) Someone replies to the topic and a notification email is sent out
4) Someone else replies to the topic, no notification email is sent
5) User visits the topic again
6) Someone replies to the topic, so another single email is sent out.
Repeat.

The reasoning for this is simple: Say you subscribe to a topic. Then say 100 people reply to the topic before you've had a chance to read it again. Every single user subscribed to the topic would receive 100 emails, which puts quite a strain on both the server as well as spamming your email inbox.
By Omni
Mine were more for PMs when all my screaming fans tried to get in touch, no biggy, just wondered if it was only me or a problem with the site.

Checked gmail and it doesn't seem to be junking them, other mail comes through fine etc
By EvoStu
I've just done some maintenance on the box. I'll keep an eye on this and see what happens.
By mjhamilton
Been getting PM notifications without issues over the last few days

Checked your spam folder?
By EvoStu
I've been getting bloody new topic notifications all day since I did the maintenance.
By Sedge
Omni wrote:Nope, still no notifications, maybe gmail have blacklisted you
Mine come through GMail and they've never stopped working. Topic notifications are tagged and archived but I've had two PM notifications tonight...
By Omni
Still not getting them here either, can't see anywhere in settings that you can turn them on or off, I think the forum should be shut down whilst this is investigated on the highest priority

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]