The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

How to use this forum or technical problems/issues inluding avatar requests.
By kingofdbrits
IMAGE SHACK METHOD

A quick guide to post pictures on this or any internet forum.

You need to upload your chosen picture onto an image hosting site, like http://imageshack.us/

There are others, just search "Image Hosting website".

Click "browse" and select the picture you want, i've chosen a photo of my nice clean car.

You also have the option to resize the image, the best size for forums is 600x480.

Then click "upload Now". Wait for the image to upload, may take 10-60 seconds depending on internet speed or image size.

Once uploaded this screen will appear.

Then highlight the "direct link" and copy the link (ctrl + C), click "Img" tab just below the thread subject bar and you should see Image (only without the fullstop in the middle) and paste (ctrl + V) your link in between Image

When writing your post you won't see the photo, what you will see is the written link like this.
So click the "Preview" tab before you submit to make sure everything looks right.

The end result.

PHOTOBUCKET METHOD

Same format as above really :thumbup:

-Create an account and sign in

-Hit "Upload"

-Select pictures from your machine

Go to "Your Library" and find the pics, click the little cog and then "Get Links"

-Click the "direct link" (it auto copies it)

-Take this link, hit "img" button above posting window and paste your link between first Image

ANY PICTURE FROM THE INTERNET

-Find a picture
-Open it in your browser
-Take the address
-Paste into CTRO box and an HTTP link
-Highlight in the CTRO box and click "img" button, this will put the brackets around automatically for you.
By kingofdbrits
That's the only way, though after having done it a few times it only takes a minute to do. Sounds long winded but really isn't that bad.
You can load multiple images at the same time, just tell it to upload 20 pictures at once and it will. Obviously it will take a bit longer to upload though.
By kingofdbrits
VincentChase wrote:I use imageshack uploader, right click any image and click upload then a few seconds later it gives me the link
Same principle just a different format, drag the photo you want into the box and click upload.

I find the upload times slightly longer than the first method and it's not very good at managing your photos as the first method keeps a good library of every photo you upload.

If all you want is a quick upload it's a good method. I just prefer the first way.
By ChrisRyan
Bi6Dom wrote:And if you don't have any of these accounts?
Use one that doesn't require an account - http://postimage.org/
Buy some webspace and host your own
or ask nicely and can give you the link for mine :D
By dandemoraliser
Yep as above, everyone on here has one of these (or maybe more flickr/dropbox etc.) to enable them to host their pictures.

Alternative; Post the on facebook, get the image url location and put between the img with brackets as above. Simples.

Either way it has to be hosted by something on the internet to be put on here, imagine our server hosting all the pictures that were posted, it would be massive and slow for our users, hence this arrangement (as it is with other forums)

:bigthumb:
By EvoStu
As Dan says, you have other options, if you don't though, you're stuffed.
By karl
What a lot of folk don't realise is that if you right click on any image you see on a web site and select 'copy image location', paste it into here and [img] tag it as above, it displays it too, no need to copy and upload into an account like above, and you can also do the same with your pics on Facebook :salut:
By EvoStu
karl wrote:What a lot of folk don't realise is that if you right click on any image you see on a web site and select 'copy image location', paste it into here and [img] tag it as above, it displays it too, no need to copy and upload into an account like above, and you can also do the same with your pics on Facebook :salut:
Exactly.
By EvoStu
Mr Anderson wrote:Facebook pics only show in img links if not set as private.
No they don't.
By EvoStu
Mr Anderson wrote:Like I said, privacy settings mean nothing when posting IMG links :smile:
They show just fine regardless. If you have the link, it's irrelevant.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]