The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Reviews, News & rumours relating to all things Honda.
By cheapskate

The S660 will be the first lightweight convertible to be released by Honda in 19 years since production of the Honda Beat was discontinued in 1996.

It is equipped with an improved engine based on the 600cc DOHC 3-cylinder engine that is used in Honda's lightweight N series cars, and is expected to have great acceleration performance. 840 Kg, mid-engined!!!

Scheduled to be available for sale on April 2.
$16,540 to $18,210

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/201 ... ive-review
By cheapskate
At 840Kg and being mid-engined, this thing will corner like a ghost. Apparently there will likely be a 1L version with 125 bhp instead of 60-70. At some point, someone somewhere will try and get a K20C into it. :cool:

This is like a modern day Fiat X19. Low weight and cornered like a Ferrari. The most fun to drive car I have ever driven, even with the relative lack of power.
By EvoStu
So tempted to ship one in! The most interesting thing is that the 1 litre turbo Honda have developed fits perfectly into the S660. 8-)
By cheapskate
You waited too long Stu, they've sold out! Honda seem to have a hit on their hands.
Honda Motor Co. has sold out all 8,600 of its new roadsters slated for production this year and is fully booked through June. The only problem: four in five buyers of the $16,000 sports car are over 40.
By EvoStu
cheapskate wrote:You waited too long Stu, they've sold out! Honda seem to have a hit on their hands.
Honda Motor Co. has sold out all 8,600 of its new roadsters slated for production this year and is fully booked through June. The only problem: four in five buyers of the $16,000 sports car are over 40.
I know. It's mental how quickly they sold. Rumours are its getting the 1 litre turbo though. That will be EPIC.
By bazza.
I was thinking of the S660 but when I found it hasn't any storage space its a no

I get a 120bhp and 825ks from my Smart Brabus Roadster and a roof which you can put up and down at any speed or even with the key remote
and fit a fill size suitcase in the back and rug sack in in the front

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]