The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Reviews, News & rumours relating to all things Honda.
By Stevo M81
Jules wrote:....I don't want it now
:roflmao:
By Stevo M81
Have to say those front brake discs look :twisted:
By Jules
pdapaul wrote:Shît
Merc A45 FTW
That based on the tests that you have taken of both cars? Good ol' internet opinion.
By danneth
Jules wrote:....I don't want it now
I'm not CTRO enough to buy one of these cash, so you're safe. :salut:
By FunkyRemix
0-62 in 4.3 seconds and only £50k, ideal car for my daily school runs [smilie=happydance.gif]
By pdapaul
Jules wrote:
Merc A45 FTW
That based on the tests that you have taken of both cars? Good ol' internet opinion.
Funnily enough no, it's based on driving the A45 and current RS3. I've not yet had the opportunity to drive the new Audi
By Jules
pdapaul wrote:
Jules wrote:
Merc A45 FTW
Funnily enough no, it's based on driving the A45 and current RS3. I've not yet had the opportunity to drive the new Audi
So a new car, which is based on something that has nothing to do with the previous car (except the best part; the engine), is automatically sh-t because of the old one, which was also based on a now 10 year old platform?

Cool story bro.
By Jules
Not a case of being right or wrong, I think the Mercedes will be a better car if you consider the costs of both actually as well, but calling a car "sh-t" with no idea of it (not even a 3rd party review) is odd.
By pdapaul
I know, it's just how I calm the missus down when she gets all hormonal insta-rage :lol:

On a serious note, I wasn't aware of it being a new ground up development. If it is then hopefully as the article suggests they will keep the heart and soul of the car which is the mega engine and box and build from there. The prob with the current RS3 is that it is devoid of any character, and apart from being very quick it's just like driving any other A3. You get in the A45 and you feel like there's fun to be had. From the little overrun bark when you start it to the way the cabin feels significantly different to even the highest model A class, it just feels a little special.
If they can combine some of the drama of the Merc and the performance of even the current RS3 then it could well be considered for the hot hatch crown.

It really will have to be something special though for £50k.
By Jules
Someone went out in it, I think from pistonheads, and they said it was very tail happy (something they wanted to achieve) so will hopefully be more fun. I love Audi and even I know the shortcomings of the current RS3 are painful.
By danneth
http://civictype-r.co.uk/forum/viewtopi ... 7&t=284130

Was also mentioned on the link here
The thing was four-wheel-drifting everywhere. No lie. On every corner exit Frank would simply nail the throttle and the back would squirm free. The new RS3's willingness to kick its rear tyres out at every available opportunity was hugely admirable. And Frank wasn't even deliberately provoking it, he says.

"You see the engine response is nice?" Frank says. "And the grip... before it was just understeering everywhere, now it's slightly more to the rear. I much prefer it this way." All this while doing significant speeds on a wet Nürburgring and debriefing me. Racing drivers, eh?
By pdapaul
That is exactly what it needs. A bit of drama, a bit of theatre. There are so many good, quick, comfy cars (and must of them oil burners) available that for me the Ultra-hatch has to be something special. Let's face it very few are going to see a track, so they have to be brimming with sensation even under warp factor10
By J@mes
Looks like a 1.6tdi with chrome mirrors and badge.
By VTEC77
brucelee11271940 wrote:
J@mes wrote:Looks like a 1.6tdi with chrome mirrors and badge.
This, doesn't look special at all.
That's a good thing! Take off the badges and only people that are in 'the know' will know of its potential :bigthumb: :twisted: :P
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]