The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Reviews, News & rumours relating to all things Honda.
By mjhamilton
brucelee11271940 wrote:
J@mes wrote:Looks like a 1.6tdi with chrome mirrors and badge.
This, doesn't look special at all.
that's the whole point of an S or RS car
By Lewisgame
mjhamilton wrote:
brucelee11271940 wrote:
Always been the Audi way, understated. Silver mirror covers, big wheels, flared wheel arches and that's about it.
The Germans love being boring and practicality.
By mjhamilton
Lewisgame wrote:
mjhamilton wrote:
brucelee11271940 wrote:
Always been the Audi way, understated. Silver mirror covers, big wheels, flared wheel arches and that's about it.
The Germans love being boring and practicality.

yup.. the good thing is that you can park in any car park anywhere without fear of reprisal and the car just vanishes into the crowd
By shaRRpy
Personal choice I guess but if I was spending that much on a car I'd like to look at it and think wow that looks the business rather than just meh.
By smartie
shaRRpy wrote:Personal choice I guess but if I was spending that much on a car I'd like to look at it and think wow that looks the business rather than just meh.
That.

Must by why most Audi's are accountant grey.
By mjhamilton
shaRRpy wrote:Personal choice I guess but if I was spending that much on a car I'd like to look at it and think wow that looks the business rather than just meh.
you want to look like a c-nt then buy a BMW :roflmao:
By shaRRpy
mjhamilton wrote:

I'm not really bothered what I look like in a car to be honest,I'm not trying to impress anyone.just saying that I wouldn't be happy spending that amount on an ordinary looking car.
By mjhamilton
shaRRpy wrote:
mjhamilton wrote:

I'm not really bothered what I look like in a car to be honest,I'm not trying to impress anyone.just saying that I wouldn't be happy spending that amount on an ordinary looking car.

at the end of the day that IS what they are - just standard road cars with some tweaks and trinkets.... :bigthumb:
By Lewisgame
Depends on what you're after. I think Audi have nailed it on the performance and practicality balance. They're a quick capable car but good enough to drive down to the shops and pick the kids up from school. The BMW's are awesome in performance but for everyday they're a bit much. I remember when the E46 M3 with the SMG came out it was very jumpy.
By shaRRpy
All very fair points.who knows if I ever drove one I may be blown over and change my mind but I'd still wish it looked better.but as you say that's what they do. :salut:
By NHB_EP3_Chris
Yes it might be quick but £50k seems a bit rediculous. I'll stick to the ostentatious BMWs :roll:
By pulpmelon_r
NHB_EP3_Chris wrote:Yes it might be quick but £50k seems a bit rediculous. I'll stick to the ostentatious BMWs :roll:
Evo Stu told me that 50k isn't much to spend on a car these days.
By NHB_EP3_Chris
There may be some truth in that to be fair. With all these PCP deals floating about I'm sure they have become accessible to more people. I'd guess most of the expensive cars you see on the road these days aren't owned privately outright. Either way I wouldn't spend that sort of money on a daily runabout, I'd be too paranoid of it being scuffed or pranged in car parks and such. I'd much rather one practical car and then a weekend toy, such as an exige or similar.
By EvoStu
pulpmelon_r wrote:
NHB_EP3_Chris wrote:Yes it might be quick but £50k seems a bit rediculous. I'll stick to the ostentatious BMWs :roll:
To be fair, whilst I didn't exactly say this, £50K on a car these days isn't a lot.

When you consider a fully loaded CRV is nearly £38K. :bigthumb:
By Magnificent_one
EvoStu wrote:
pulpmelon_r wrote:
To be fair, whilst I didn't exactly say this, £50K on a car these days isn't a lot.

That's still 32% more! 50K for a car is just lol (depends on age offcourse)
By gilberto
Fancied one of these after the S3, few things let it down badly imo;

5 doors
That quattro grill
The alloys
The plastic looking chrome bits

:bigcry:
By J@mes
gilberto wrote:Fancied one of these after the S3, few things let it down badly imo;

5 doors
That quattro grill
The alloys
The bradford looking chrome bits

:bigcry:
:lol:
By EvoStu
Magnificent_one wrote:
EvoStu wrote:
pulpmelon_r wrote:

That's still 32% more! 50K for a car is just lol (depends on age offcourse)
All relative of course. If you can afford it you'll do it. To some £10k on a car is lol.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]