The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Reviews, News & rumours relating to all things Honda.
By yella
biggest problem with GT86 is not the power, they're more than powerful enough, the main issue has always been the price, the equivalent MX5 ( it's nearest rival ) is about 5-7k cheaper. once these hit the 10k figure you will see the modded market go crazy and they are fast dropping that way,
By jtc
I had a GT86 demo car for a weekend. My word it was boring.
By Leejay-B
Decent tyres would help down the twisties on one.

Some similarity in tuning to civic, manifold and remap gets good results.

Also standard final drive is 4.1 which is not great for acceleration compared to EP3 at 4.6 FD.
Have found 4.5 up to 5.1 FD available for the GT86, that and some tuning, suspension and tyres. All that would make a great b roader!
By Leejay-B
But on topic, this Focus RS looks great IMO, and the spec plus 4wd is great for the money.

Ignore the fact I can't afford one... But I honestly would like to try one for a few weeks, and that's it.

As mentioned by a few here I much prefer the fun smaller cars. So long term ownership for me would be a Fiesta ST or GT86, either with some good mods.
That is why I have a modded EP3 and not a bigger turbo hatchback.

But can see why others want a super hatch.
By pulpmelon_r
Leejay-B » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:58 pm wrote:Decent tyres would help down the twisties on one.

Also standard final drive is 4.1 which is not great for acceleration compared to EP3 at 4.6 FD.
Have found 4.5 up to 5.1 FD available for the GT86, that and some tuning, suspension and tyres. All that would make a great b roader!
What do these rev to 7k rpm and a bit?

Short gears would be so frustrating IMO
By Leejay-B
pulpmelon_r » Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:05 am wrote:
Leejay-B » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:58 pm wrote:Decent tyres would help down the twisties on one.

What do these rev to 7k rpm and a bit?

Short gears would be so frustrating IMO
Standard is 7400 rpm max.
Mapped cars appear to be using 7600-7800 rpm, think some go higher but probably not wise.

I've always liked short gears myself.
By Jktaylor87
I'm going to be very controversial!

If I had 30k to spend, I can't possibly imagine why you would choose the new CTR over the Focus RS! They're both amazing cars, but the RS is a class above.
By berty182
Jktaylor87 wrote:I'm going to be very controversial!

If I had 30k to spend, I can't possibly imagine why you would choose the new CTR over the Focus RS! They're both amazing cars, but the RS is a class above.
I totally agree, I'd have the new RS over the new CTR any day, the RS has so much more going for it.
By Jktaylor87
Better chassis, better

Added in 55 seconds:
berty182 wrote:

I totally agree, I'd have the new RS over the new CTR any day, the RS has so much more going for it.
Better chassis, better engine, better drive train, better looks! Faster and will hold value better!
By Jktaylor87
berty182 wrote:

Better chassis, better engine, better drive train, better looks! Faster and will hold value better!
By Lewisgame
'Drift' mode sounds a bit pony to me. What's the point in it? Why not just have what most cars have for modes. Normal, Eco and Race.
Still a Dagenham dust bin at the end of the day...
By plasmaman
I'd happily take either but it would be the RS first every time. Ford have nailed it with every version. So wish Id have got the last RS, residuals are astonishingly good, it wouldnt have cost me anything value wise. Fuel is another question of course but actual car prices spot on.
By Jktaylor87
Lewisgame wrote:'Drift' mode sounds a bit pony to me. What's the point in it? Why not just have what most cars have for modes. Normal, Eco and Race.
Still a Dagenham dust bin at the end of the day...
Agree with that 100%. It's a cheap marketing ploy with no basis in the real world.
By pulpmelon_r
Leejay-B wrote:Decent tyres would help down the twisties on one.

Once they are under 8-9k, picking one up with the intention of adding a short final drive, intake, header, exhaust and some wider wheels would be fun.
By parsimony
plasmaman wrote:Fuel is another question of course
Fuel consumption is surprisingly good.
I get about the same with my Mountune upgraded RS as I did with the EP3.
By plasmaman
parsimony wrote:
plasmaman wrote:Fuel is another question of course
Fuel consumption is surprisingly good.
I get about the same with my Mountune upgraded RS as I did with the EP3.
I had an ST tuned a bit, fuel consumption wasnt its strong point and its the same with the RS. Though given the type of car expecting decent figures would be deluded anyway.

They aren't great. But whatever metal on metal if I'd have gotten an RS a few years ago I'd have been running it for nothing other than fuel. Credit to Ford for smashing it with them.
By *nub*
I'm not sure if 250bhp is the limit for a fun hatch. My charged FN2 makes 341bhp at 8400rpm and in the dry I'm getting full traction in 2nd gear with a 4.7 FD so I can't complain. I know ragging it around bends is fun and I can still kinda do that but in a higher gear. Straight line boost FTW though. Selling my 5.1 soon btw.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]