The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Reviews, News & rumours relating to all things Honda.
By VTEC77
They are going to do these in Stealth Grey!!! :twisted: :cooldude: :cooldude: :cooldude:
By dandemoraliser
MattRST wrote:Superb ! well done Ford and to be fair this is great for the new Type-R as well which will need to be very competitive on the £££ now this an be bought for 30k with AWD and tuning potential , win all round for joe public
No price confirmed.....yet.
By VTEC77
dandemoraliser wrote:
MattRST wrote:Superb ! well done Ford and to be fair this is great for the new Type-R as well which will need to be very competitive on the £££ now this an be bought for 30k with AWD and tuning potential , win all round for joe public
No price confirmed.....yet.
Exactly the same price as the new CTR then :wink: :P
By VTEC77

Well worth a watch (if you can put up with Chris Barrie) [smilie=karls_thumb.gif] Skip to 4:50 for the start of some very old school cool :cooldude: :yum:
By berty182
Engine in the RS is the same as the new European based Mustang engine
By mezmo
That said, the Audi S3 hits 60 in 4.8 secs with 296bhp. Wonder if the RS will crack it in 4.5 or less!
By jtc
Good price, though I bet once you spec it up with the nice seats and other bits, it'll be on a par with the £32k CTR. I prefer the looks of the FRS though, tbh.
By wHAmEz
I've seen the optimum shift is 5900rpm, red lines 6800rpm. What gives. Nearly 1000rpm to waste
By Leejay-B
yella » Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:14 pm wrote:Really getting bored of the power games now, I'd just rather something around 200bhp, that was lighter and drove better.

maybe thats why i like the EP3 so much
Another agreement here. 200 to 230 bhp range and 1200kg or less is ideal for fun on the road.

But lots of very good smaller 'warm' hatches to cover this.

Also the GT86, not sure why this isn't doing better, great steer and potential, driving fun over pace... Not that it's slow in the grand scheme of things.
By wHAmEz
Leejay-B wrote:
yella » Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:14 pm wrote:Really getting bored of the power games now, I'd just rather something around 200bhp, that was lighter and drove better.

maybe thats why i like the EP3 so much
Another agreement here. 200 to 230 bhp range and 1200kg or less is ideal for fun on the road.

But lots of very good smaller 'warm' hatches to cover this.

Also the GT86, not sure why this isn't doing better, great steer and potential, driving fun over pace... Not that it's slow in the grand scheme of things.
yeah I've been saying this for ages now. All this development worth turbos etc why don't well develop lighter cheaper materials so we can get so proper light fun cars again. I don't think you need more than 250bhp. You don't need awd tricky technology doing the driving for you. Keep it simple. Keeps it cheap. I want to see the performance models of hot hatches do more than just power. I want to hear every thing. Feel everything. No sit in a luxury barge
By wHAmEz
That's true in todays market. Would probably sell asked better with a extra 50bhp. I was all over a lightly modified one in my stock EP3 on the twisties same in the straights

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]