The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Reviews, News & rumours relating to all things Honda.
By dandemoraliser
smartie wrote:Bye bye Civic.
no doubt, but if people are whinging at 30k for a civic......they're in for a shock. Be very surprised if its under £30k and discounts won't be straight off, if the last RS is anything to go by!

Defo 4wd if its going sub 5 secs also....
By VTEC77
Looks ace! :twisted: Wonder if Ford will have actually made these a bit harder to steal than the last version?

By Rhondapety
smartie wrote:Bye bye Civic.
+1
By mezmo
brucelee11271940 wrote:Don't think it looks that great. They need a 3 door version :)
Think those days for most manufacturers are long gone. Majority seem to be 5 door.
By Rhondapety
Still no reveal from Honda on the Civic :roll:

And Ford Reveals this monster in the meantime. :salut:
By plasmaman
Looks great. A little less in your face than the mark ii. Lets see what Honda can do now (theyve had enough friggin time)
By brucelee11271940
I think Honda have more hype for how it looks compared to this. However that was a concept, if Honda release a version that doesnt really resemble the concept, as well as others things this RS has going for it, then it doesnt look good for them. FFS HONDA GET IT RELEASED ALREADY!! We don't know official performance figure, official price, or even the colors it comes in or what optional extras or different trims they may do, we dont even know what the thing looks like!!
By skinnyman9000
I'm so Flipping sick of waiting for Honda. You're building a hothatch ffs, not a replacement for Concorde! Get on with it
By Superman001
mezmo wrote:
brucelee11271940 wrote:Don't think it looks that great. They need a 3 door version :)
Think those days for most manufacturers are long gone. Majority seem to be 5 door.

Most guys would go for a 3 door if available and guys with a couple of kids that are under their wives thumb would have the 5 door.

The only reason for manufacturers to offer a 5 door is that its cheaper to manufacture just one shape of hatchback rather than having 2 hatchbacks with different bodies.
By skinnyman9000
I think it works on the larger models, Focus/Leon etc, but not on smaller ones. The new Renaultsport Clio looks shite, in fact I don't think I've ever seen one on the road, or many of the lower spec ones either
By MattRST
Superb ! well done Ford and to be fair this is great for the new Type-R as well which will need to be very competitive on the £££ now this an be bought for 30k with AWD and tuning potential , win all round for joe public
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]