The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Reviews, News & rumours relating to all things Honda.
By HondaType
Chris EP3 wrote:
330bhp to 340bhp? Make's the 2015 CTR feel pretty slow already
300+bhp is all well and good but the various Meganes (R.26.R/250/265) proved that you didn't need to have massive power to be a better drivers car.
By Rambo
Itl be a good 3-4 years after the type r is released before they release even a press car, by then honda will have a mugan r+++++++++++
By yella
Really getting bored of the power games now, I'd just rather something around 200bhp, that was lighter and drove better.

maybe thats why i like the EP3 so much
By J
Its a Ford.

Fix or repair daily.
By danneth
yella wrote:Really getting bored of the power games now, I'd just rather something around 200bhp, that was lighter and drove better.

Have the Focus RS not driven well in the past?
By yella
danneth wrote:
yella wrote:Really getting bored of the power games now, I'd just rather something around 200bhp, that was lighter and drove better.

Have the Focus RS not driven well in the past?
Mk1 did, mk2 too tubby Too concerned with POOOWWWEEERRRR
By J
Ugly as well. Looks even more dated than the civic.

Actually all 99% of fords are ugly now.
By mezmo
I would imagine that's a test mule and resembles nothing of the finished product. Bit like the 2015 CTR test cars.
By VTEC77
This ^

Unfortunately its never going to happen in this day and age :sad: The majority of people look for and expect safety and toys. Those come at the price of weight so the powerz is always cranked up to compensate.
By pulpmelon_r

Thats called a Fiesta ST these days?
By mezmo
Been reading on quite a few websites now that the mk3 RS is 4wd and circa 350+bhp!

Personally from watching that clip, I think it looks FWD with lift off oversteer!
By plasmaman
Can't argue with the pedigree of the last two RS's regardless of the interior of the mark 1 or little ott exterior of the mark 2. Have you seen 2nd hand prices of both of them.

Thats doesnt look like the finished article to me.

I reckon this will splunk all over the Type R in every regard. I think the Type R will struggle with the ST never mind the RS. Though I would love to be proved wrong.

I'd have the M135 over both of them though and the Mustang over all 3 different type of car or not.
By plasmaman
Yeah Ford are in a predicament with the pricing. I'm going for nearer 30k but I can see it nudging past 30k :(

25k would be lovely though. Theyd mop up the entire market at that price.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]