The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Reviews, News & rumours relating to all things Honda.
By danneth
http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/new- ... 2014-10-15
First impressions? The new RS3 is really, really bloody fast. The first-gen RS3 claimed to go from 0-60mph in 4.6 seconds. We once timed it at a faintly ridiculous 3.8 seconds. "This one is faster," Frank says.

It accelerates brutally, with little fuss off the line even in our Very Wet conditions, DSG snapping cleanly through the upshifts. Maximum torque comes arrives at just 1,650rpm, so there's power from the very bottom of the rev range.
By Jules
Going to get hold of the new S3 for a day hopefully in the next few weeks. If I like it then the RS3 is a serious future car, love the current one but it feels like a side step rather than an upgrade.
By Jules
No one contemplating an RS3 will be looking at the Type-R. Both hot hatches but for very different markets.
By Jules
The Golf R400 (if they make it) will be epic as well. Seeing as revo run 3.7 secs to 60 in a remapped R (350bhp)
By danneth
Jules wrote:Going to get hold of the new S3 for a day hopefully in the next few weeks. If I like it then the RS3 is a serious future car, love the current one but it feels like a side step rather than an upgrade.
Reading the article it looks like they have taken the negatives from the current one sorted it and thrown a bit more power at it, should be a right animal :evil:
By Jules
Yeah, hopefully. It will still be an audi though. Hopefully they didn't let the RS4 people near it and it was the RS6 guys!

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]