The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Reviews, News & rumours relating to all things Honda.
Renaultsport has stuck back at SEAT, with the latest Megane 275 Trophy-R – setting a Nurburgring lap time of 7:54.36. The car set the front-wheel drive record time this weekend, with Renaultsport test driver Laurent Hurgon at the wheel.

The car that set the time was an even more hardcore version of the recently unveiled Megane 275 Trophy, known as the R. Sporting a similar paintjob to the legendary R26.R, the Trophy-R has been stripped out, with the rear seat removed, sound deadening deleted as well as a fitting a pair of lightweight front Recaro seats.

In the pursuit of ultimate weight loss, Renaultsport has deleted the standard radio, air conditioning as well as fitting a lithium ion battery and fitted lightweight 350mm brake discs. Thanks to all this, weight is down by 100kg over the standard model.

Like the 275 Trophy model on which it is based, the Trophy-R gets a new Akrapovik titanium exhaust, as well as the optional Ohlins adjustable dampers with composite springs, and Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tyres as standard.

Just 250 will be produced, although UK cars are limited to 30 cars. Order books are open now, with prices starting from £36,430. Watch the full lap video below.

http://www.evo.co.uk/news/evonews/29263 ... ecord.html
£36,000 :rotflmao:

Saw this this morning, thought the forum would pick it up a little quicker seeing as the new Type R is being made to be the quickest (it has no chance now)

Crazy price for a car with no radio or comforts, regardless of it's speed on the ring. I'm not putting down these types of cars, just you can spend less for lighter cars that go well round corners that are not stripped out versions of the hot version of the family school run hatchback version.
Jules wrote:Crazy price for a car with no radio or comforts, regardless of it's speed on the ring. I'm not putting down these types of cars, just you can spend less for lighter cars that go well round corners that are not stripped out versions of the hot version of the family school run hatchback version.
School run = 5 door......not 3!

Longer Honda hold onto info, the more of these will come about and the game will have moved on.
Is beating a certain time around a certain track going to sell more cars? Especially at those kind of prices? Day to day any such car that is that track focused is going to be a complete pain to drive on normal roads most of the time :lol:

Wish all the companies would concentrate on affordable great 'B' road weapons which dont shatter your spine every time you go over a pothole and where ownership doesnt involve telling everybody you meet its lap time round a race track while driven by a pro driver :bigthumb:
dandemoraliser wrote:
EvoStu wrote:Thing is Honda will have known that other companies will be looking to break the 8 minute barrier and almost certainly planned accordingly.
What, you mean they didn't aim for a 7min 59 sec......? :lol:
Well no............as soon as it was announced Honda knew that others would break it. They'll now have to beat the benchmark.
EvoStu wrote:
dandemoraliser wrote:
EvoStu wrote:Thing is Honda will have known that other companies will be looking to break the 8 minute barrier and almost certainly planned accordingly.
What, you mean they didn't aim for a 7min 59 sec......? :lol:
Well no............as soon as it was announced Honda knew that others would break it. They'll now have to beat the benchmark.
lol :shouldbeinteresting: :newsmile:
I'm a big fan of renaultsport but throwing a limited 30 car run around the ring and claiming fastest FWD car is soooo pointless

Honda could just make a Mugen RR version of the new civic with carbon seats, cage, no stereo, carbon bits etc... and then sell 20 of them just to break a record.

*yawn*
PhilBarker wrote:I'm a big fan of renaultsport but throwing a limited 30 car run around the ring and claiming fastest FWD car is soooo pointless

Honda could just make a Mugen RR version of the new civic with carbon seats, cage, no stereo, carbon bits etc... and then sell 20 of them just to break a record.

*yawn*
but if honda beat it without making a hardcore version etc etc. :shouldbeinteresting:
yup. 30 car uk producton wont mean flip all. If the type R gets even a few seconds slower than that time with its heavier weight, non stripped or compromised then it just shows how well it's been designed. and it's not just a cheap attempt to beat the record, it's an actual mass production car. But the video looks so damned fast and unless the renault has some obvious performance/handling flaws that we don't know about I don't see how the type R can compete with a car that will no doubt be considerably lighter
pulpmelon_r wrote:Seeing as there is no rulebook for this king of the ring bellicks... I would be crafty and run the car with one seat, no door panels, sunco 102 race fuel, a set of Avon slicks and the ghost of Senna behind the wheel.
You mean basically like Ferrari press cars for review have been for the last 20 years? :grin:
*nub* wrote:yup. 30 car uk producton wont mean flip all. If the type R gets even a few seconds slower than that time with its heavier weight, non stripped or compromised then it just shows how well it's been designed. and it's not just a cheap attempt to beat the record, it's an actual mass production car. But the video looks so damned fast and unless the renault has some obvious performance/handling flaws that we don't know about I don't see how the type R can compete with a car that will no doubt be considerably lighter
Correct.

There is no way the road going CTR will beat this car. The Megane RS is a superb handling car anyway, and the video proves this is something else!

Ok so it's limited run (250 accross Europe and 30 to the UK) but it is still a fantastic bit of kit.
Mark83 wrote:The speed he looked to carry through Schwedenkreuz was obscene :salut:
i thought the same, 150 mph!!!

same as Flugplatz, how light that went. But compared to the old trophy thy have dialled out a lot of understeer but back end looks even more lively

Race driver sure, but regular track day driver, never ever going to happen. hope nobody trys to replicate it :lol:
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]