The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Reviews, News & rumours relating to all things Honda.
What's everyone's thoughts on fitting special dry 'track' (though apparently road legal) tyres to cars when setting the Nurburgring times.

Isn't that sort of cheating if you're not running it on standard dry/wet road tyres when you're comparing production spec motor's lap times?
By EvoStu
MarkX wrote:I'd imagine they'd all use the road legal track tyres when doing a fast lap so no one will have an advantage!
LOL! You're joking aren't you? Porsche and Nissan have been at each others throats about this, because Nissan won't admit they didn't use the production car tyres to set their times. :lol:

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/motor ... n-cheating
By MarkX
I only made that assumption based on the fact that when the Renault R26R set the front wheel drive record it used Toyo 888 semi slicks.
By EvoStu
MarkX wrote:I only made that assumption based on the fact that when the Renault R26R set the front wheel drive record it used Toyo 888 semi slicks.
That was ok though. Those tyres were available from new and were OEM fitment. :salut:
By Sedge
EvoStu wrote:
TEGIWA IMPORTS wrote:Bad news for the new Type R!
Why? Its just another target to beat.

Won't be that record for long. :wink:
It's worth noting that Honda threw the gauntlet down very early in the development cycle; other marques where always going to pick it up and give the challenge a go. If anything, others going this, will improve the Type-R as it means Honda have competition.
By EvoStu
smartie wrote:Looks really plain to me.
Can't win with you. :lol:

If they go understated its too plain. If they go hardcore you say its a halfords/ripspeed special.
EvoStu wrote:
smartie wrote:Looks really plain to me.
Can't win with you. :lol:

If they go understated its too plain. If they go hardcore you say its a halfords/ripspeed special.
There is a fine balance. :lol:

Its ok looking as a small family hatchback but its hardly "hot".

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]