The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Reviews, News & rumours relating to all things Honda.
By jonezy
EvoStu wrote:It's all very Golf GTI Mk7'esque.

Actually it is the golf that's very Leon esque,

Think new Leon was out before the mk7. Ready to be proved wrong, but my dad has had his new Leon a while now, and the mk7 hasn't been out that long
dave_g wrote:
Lewisgame wrote:The new Leon's are based on the Mk6 Golf platform. Although the new Cupra R could be different.
Nope, the new Leons are based on the MQB platform, same as new golf and A3.
My bad. Stand corrected. Facelift Mk2 Leon was similar to Mk6 Golf.
Lewis. wrote:It's fast but it looks boring to be honest. Type r is a much more daring design.
It just needs abit more to distance itself from the lesser models in the range
Would still much rather have this than the golf gti or R though
By VTEC77
I personally like the more subtle approach to styling. Take the badges off and not too many people would know how rapid it was which for me equates to fun times :wink: :twisted: Then there there is the whole not drawing attention thing. A car which blends in is far less likey to act as a magnet to scumbags who like to key cars etc :salut:
VTEC77 wrote:I personally like the more subtle approach to styling. Take the badges off and not too many people would know how rapid it was which for me equates to fun times :wink: :twisted: Then there there is the whole not drawing attention thing. A car which blends in is far less likey to act as a magnet to scumbags who like to key cars etc :salut:
Mostly agree but for me its just a little too subtle. :smile: (and those ridges/creases on the side are sh-t :lol: )
By Lewis.
VTEC77 wrote:I personally like the more subtle approach to styling. Take the badges off and not too many people would know how rapid it was which for me equates to fun times :wink: :twisted: Then there there is the whole not drawing attention thing. A car which blends in is far less likey to act as a magnet to scumbags who like to key cars etc :salut:
I can understand that. However, if I spend however many thousands on a sports car I want it to look badass, and other road users be aware that it's badass! (ASW) :D
By VTEC77
Lewis. wrote:
I can understand that. However, if I spend however many thousands on a sports car I want it to look badass, and other road users be aware that it's badass! (ASW) :D
Each to their own.......you big tart you :wink: :salut: :lol:

For an example as to my mind set when I ordered my 106 GTi back in 2000 I went for a silver one and took the badges off so it looked like the lesser Quicksliver model :-D I am strange though :lol:
EvoStu wrote:It's all very Golf GTI Mk7'esque.

I quite like the new Golf GTI, must be getting old :lol: [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]