The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Reviews, News & rumours relating to all things Honda.
jtc wrote:
cheapskate wrote:
karl wrote:
cheapskate wrote:No I haven't. I chose cars with as near as possible matching performance. The 1.2 diesel is 13.9 sec vs 11.9 and it is 10ps shy. The two I picked are 0.4 sec apart in performance and only 5ps apart.
oh I see, so when you go out looking for a car, apparently like everybody else, you have a BHP figure in your mind, and you buy to that, so you set yourself a 90BHP limit, yeah? rather than you go out with a certain monetary budget, and compare cars within that, like, say, £12k or so? get real, or keep trying to convince yourself that you're saving yourself money with a petrol with your pre-weighted calculations :rotflmao:
No, actually I went out and got a CTR. The petrol diesel trade-off calculations were done when we were last looking for a vehicle for my wife. She is highly intelligent, did the numbers and bought the petrol version as it represented a large saving over the diesel.

You are really trying hard to push this one uphill, but then grace isn't in your vocabulary. Now come back for the last word, you know you won't be able to sleep until you do.
Pics?
Too old to be of any interest to anyone on here.
Main reason for small turbo'd petrol engines is emissions.
Diesels are going out. To make a diesel as clean as a petrol on emissions you need to bolt on a £1500+ DPF filter and it'll still struggle to be cleaner than a petrol equivilent.
The new toyota hybrids now use a petrol engine.
Petrols have cheaper maintenance.
Petrol fuel is cheaper.

No doubt in the next 10-20 years it'll go full circle where new technology makes diesels cleaner and more Eco than petrols.
Lewisgame wrote:Main reason for small turbo'd petrol engines is emissions.
Diesels are going out. To make a diesel as clean as a petrol on emissions you need to bolt on a £1500+ DPF filter and it'll still struggle to be cleaner than a petrol equivilent.
The new toyota hybrids now use a petrol engine.
Petrols have cheaper maintenance.
Petrol fuel is cheaper.

No doubt in the next 10-20 years it'll go full circle where new technology makes diesels cleaner and more Eco than petrols.
Eh? Toyota have always used petrols in their hybrids, so what do you mean? DPF's also aren't £1500 to bolt on. They are no more expensive than a catalytic converter LOL!

My BMW is no more expensive to maintain than the petrol equivalent and does double the mpg, despite the fact the fuel is 5p per litre more expensive which works out at less than £3.50 a tank against the equivalent petrol. You need to do your maths again.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]