The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Reviews, News & rumours relating to all things Honda.
By sn:afu
Awesome looking thing!

Any hints on engine? I just looked at the pictures :oops:
By karl
3ltr in line 6, one / two turbos and 450bhp is the best we have atm
By Mart
Looks awesome but where does it sit in the lineup? Looks like it could quite easily be a M3 coupe.
By Superman001
Mart wrote:Looks awesome but where does it sit in the lineup? Looks like it could quite easily be a M3 coupe.
From what ive heard the new M3 will be a saloon only option and if you want a coupe you get the M4.
By bornlucky1
Superman001 wrote:
Mart wrote:Looks awesome but where does it sit in the lineup? Looks like it could quite easily be a M3 coupe.
From what ive heard the new M3 will be a saloon only option and if you want a coupe you get the M4.
This, it is essentially the m3 coupe but with the m4 badge to distinguish it, a bit like they did with the m5 and m6, same car just different body styles. Audi did the same thing with the S4/S5.

Shame they've gone turbo though, the full point of m cars to me was always the n/a engine. I still bet its awesome to drive mind you and will rip the new amg a new one on track.
By EvoStu
bornlucky1 wrote:
Superman001 wrote:
This, it is essentially the m3 coupe but with the m4 badge to distinguish it, a bit like they did with the m5 and m6, same car just different body styles. Audi did the same thing with the S4/S5.

Shame they've gone turbo though, the full point of m cars to me was always the n/a engine. I still bet its awesome to drive mind you and will rip the new amg a new one on track.
The F series chassis is used across the board in the larger models so the 7 uses the same chassis as well, but its amazing how those chassis react totally different.

Drove both the M5 and M6 at Goodwood FoS and they're like chalk and cheese. I came away actually preferring the Gran Coupe M6 to all the rest and I didn't think that would be the case.
By Mart
bornlucky1 wrote:
Superman001 wrote:

Quite surprised they would take away the coupe from the M3 and leave the saloon with their most popular M car...
By bornlucky1
EvoStu wrote:
bornlucky1 wrote:
Superman001 wrote:

The F series chassis is used across the board in the larger models so the 7 uses the same chassis as well, but its amazing how those chassis react totally different.

Drove both the M5 and M6 at Goodwood FoS and they're like chalk and cheese. I came away actually preferring the Gran Coupe M6 to all the rest and I didn't think that would be the case.
I know what you mean about the m5 m6 feeling different, dont know what it is and they are essentially the same car but the m6 feels sportier. i was however surprised how small the m6 was inside, especially in the back.
By karl
it's just a badge, the 4 series is a 2 door 3 series and the 6 series is a 2 door 5 series; even numbers = 2 door, odd numbers = saloons
By EvoStu
M3 Interior Spy Shots.
By dandemoraliser
jtc wrote::lol: at the guy that says "sounds like my prius"
some american guys need to be shot in the face for comments they make.
By karl
the irony is that he's trying to use 'sounds like my Prius' to imply that the M3/4 engine sounds weed and crap, but in doing so, admits he drives a weedy and crap little Prius - Americans can be soooo stupid ftw
By I need VTEC
You could argue that it's ironic his relatively cheap economical shopping trolley sounds like a relatively expensive sports car :lol:
By Kingston
karl wrote:the irony is that he's trying to use 'sounds like my Prius' to imply that the M3/4 engine sounds weed and crap, but in doing so, admits he drives a weedy and crap little Prius - Americans can be soooo stupid ftw
or the dude has a whole host of supercars but drives around in a Prius as its the thing to be in in certain parts of the US, though he is right, it does sound sh-t though
By yella
there were two at the ring yesterday driving through Adenau, although both looked crap compared to the BMW I8 that was parked in the Arai station (ironically)

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]