The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Reviews, News & rumours relating to all things Honda.
By mjhamilton
EvoStu wrote:Latest review of the Turbo S from Autocar.
The steering is also new and very much state of the art. The front electro-mechanical system is shared with other 911 models. But as on the 911 GT3, it operates in conjunction with an electro-mechanical rear-wheel steer system. At speeds of up to 37mph, it steers the rear wheels in the opposite direction to those up front, enhancing low-speed agility. Above 50mph, the rear wheels are operated parallel to the front wheels to enhance longitudinal stability. There’s added directness, more consistent weighting and an inherent calmness to how it operates, but the electro-hydraulic system lacks the overall feel, feedback and sheer confidence-boosting factor of the old hydraulic system.
I'm due to goto Silverstone for some Porker day with my Dad soon, I'll let Kingston know then. :thumbup:

there will be some lollage on that system if is gets its knickers in a twist and get it all wrong :roflmao:
By Kingston
And which Porks will you get to drive sunshine and what experience baring in mind, the pork track is tiny and not very 'exploitable'. Though im sure the brief period you get in the car on a smooth surface will give you a great idea of how it handles on the road :bigthumb:

No doubt that the GT3/Turbo will win best in class with all the mags despite its sh-t steering feel :-x

:shouldbeinteresting: :shouldbeinteresting:
Last edited by Kingston on Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Omni
Why would Stu rage about your 9 year old Penis extension when both his cars probably cost more anyway? :scratch:
By mjhamilton
nothing to do with the car.. it's the person that owns a 20 year old penour extension that he is raging at :bigthumb:
By EvoStu
Kingston wrote:And which Porks will you get to drive sunshine and what experience baring in mind, the pork track is tiny and not very 'exploitable'. Though im sure the brief period you get in the car on a smooth surface will give you a great idea of how it handles on the road :bigthumb:

No doubt that the GT3/Turbo will win best in class with all the mags despite its sh-t steering feel :-x

:shouldbeinteresting: :shouldbeinteresting:
I have a choice when I get there, its something to do with an RS or GT day. :thumbup:

Just an FYI, I'm simply relaying what the magazines and their professional road testers are stating Kingbone. I mean hey, quite frankly I couldn't give a toss how it feels in comparison to your 9 9/10 year old banana mobile.
By Omni
Lol, pics withdrawn again

C'mon, just post them man, I'll pretend to be jelly for you
By EvoStu
Omni wrote:Lol, pics withdrawn again

C'mon, just post them man, I'll pretend to be jelly for you
Which pics?
By Omni
He keeps putting up pics of his Porsche, this first time for you to 'rage at' then withdrew them, and the 2nd time for my benefit, then withdrew them again..
By Kingston
EvoStu wrote:I have a choice when I get there, its something to do with an RS or GT day. :thumbup:

Just an FYI, I'm simply relaying what the magazines and their professional road testers are stating Kingbone. I mean hey, quite frankly I couldn't give a toss how it feels in comparison to your 9 9/10 year old banana mobile.
So either way, you wont get out of 3rd gear though if your lucky, youll have a go in the 4.0 if your doing the RS course

But your now talking about the Turbo which has never been known for its delicate handling feel. You dont happen to live near a field do you as you seem to be clutching for straws at the moment.

Every evolution of the 911 has ended up with people saying that the steering feel is alot softer/more refined. I guess its a bit like the EK/EP/FN debate

Omni - what pics?
By Omni
Pics of an old yellow Porsche, hey c'mon, you know which pics you cheeky trickster you..
By Just Dirk
Omni wrote:Pics of an old yellow Porsche, hey c'mon, you know which pics you cheeky trickster you..
Here's one I saw the other day looking for rent boys under a bridge..

By EvoStu
Kingston wrote:
EvoStu wrote:I have a choice when I get there, its something to do with an RS or GT day. :thumbup:

So either way, you wont get out of 3rd gear though if your lucky, youll have a go in the 4.0 if your doing the RS course

But your now talking about the Turbo which has never been known for its delicate handling feel. You dont happen to live near a field do you as you seem to be clutching for straws at the moment.

Every evolution of the 911 has ended up with people saying that the steering feel is alot softer/more refined. I guess its a bit like the EK/EP/FN debate

Omni - what pics?
Why am I clutching at straws? I've driven the 996 and 997 turbo's and they seemed perfectly ok. I'm simply relaying the thoughts of "professional" road testers, you know, those guys who make money reviewing cars and giving their "expert" opinions on the subject, or are these reviewers opinions not valid anymore?
By mjhamilton
FLOLOLOL... Ego and Obliviousness levels both set to 11 there :)
By Kingston
EvoStu wrote:Why am I clutching at straws? I've driven the 996 and 997 turbo's and they seemed perfectly ok. I'm simply relaying the thoughts of "professional" road testers, you know, those guys who make money reviewing cars and giving their "expert" opinions on the subject, or are these reviewers opinions not valid anymore?
Have you driven the GT3 equivalents yet (996/997) in order to make a comparison because if you speak to owners who have had both, theyll describe the Turbo as being a blunt instrument that doesnt really give you any feeback whereas the GT's are more of an event and have 'scalpel' like handling, with steering feedback (for this argument) being totally opposite to each other

So your taking one reviewers word as gospel then or are Autocar not on Porsches back hander list?
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]