The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Reviews, News & rumours relating to all things Honda.
By EvoStu
VW readies Golf GTD for launch

Some 30 years after the original model first hit the road, Volkswagen is preparing to launch the latest version of the Golf GTD, which will make its debut at the Geneva Motor Show next month.
The new GTD, based on the seventh generation Golf, is the most powerful ever, blending performance with fuel-efficiency from its 2.0 litre turbo diesel engine.
Producing 184 PS and 380 Nm of torque from 1,750 rpm, the car six-speed manual will manage 67.3mpg with CO2 emissions of only 109 g/km while the optional six-speed DSG gearbox will have fuel consumption figures of 60.1 mpg and CO2 figures of 119 g/km for the three-door and 122 g/km for the five-door.
Acceleration from zero to 62 mph takes just 7.5 seconds, while the top speed is 142 mph.
The Golf GTD comes with smoked LED rear lights with LED licence plate illumination, along with chrome dual tailpipes, 17-inch alloy wheels with 225/45 tyres, side skirts, a rear diffuser, sports suspension and a large roof spoiler.
Distinctive GTD features distinguish the interior: along with tartan sports seats, a black rooflining, sports steering wheel, stainless steel pedals, there is also a GTD-specific gear lever, trim strips and instrument cluster. Comfort is guaranteed thanks to features including progressive steering, white ambience lighting, ‘Climatronic’ climate control, front and rear parking sensors and a winter pack.

The new Golf GTD is available in Germany at an entry-level price of 29,350 euros :lol: , and orders begin on 5 March. UK sales are expected to start in April, with deliveries in the summer, although pricing and specification for the UK market is yet to be confirmed.
By pulpmelon_r
Can I spec this one up to to £40k please?

I really need a massively overpriced diesel hatchback in my life right now.
By yella
Vw have lifted themselves to compete with BMW. I don't get why they have done this.

however it seems by doing this they have now fecked Audi's position up.

Skoda now fill the place VW used to be aimed at. The peoples brand is now no more as most can't afford to buy one.

i'd take a 125d all day long over the golf, proper grunt and a better chassis, especially if you take the sport auto option too
By silvagti
EvoStu wrote: The new Golf GTD is available in Germany at an entry-level price of 29,350 euros :lol: , and orders begin on 5 March. UK sales are expected to start in April, with deliveries in the summer, although pricing and specification for the UK market is yet to be confirmed.
To be fair the even blander Audi A3 with the lesser powered 150bhp diesel engine retails for the same price so given that it isn't completely barmy. You'd have to 'really' want a performance diesel hatchback to spend that kind of money on one though.

New car prices list prices are crazy at the moment. :shock:
By jreedy
Just over £25,000 in our money

I think I'll give that one a miss thanks

Isn't that a similar cost to what the golf R costs new?

I can think of a lot better cars to spend 25 grand on

Does look nice mind
By silvagti
jreedy wrote:Just over £25,000 in our money

I think I'll give that one a miss thanks

Isn't that a similar cost to what the golf R costs new?

I can think of a lot better cars to spend 25 grand on

Does look nice mind
A Golf R spec'd to a basic-ish level (with DSG and metallic paint) is closer to £35,000! You can't even buy a new GTi for £25,000. Admittedly a lot of the mainstream car makers will discount pretty heavily on list price so you could probably get something like a Focus ST, Megane RS or an Astra VXR for closer to £20,000. List price I think the Focus is the only car that's cheaper than £25,000 (£22,000-ish IIRC).
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]