The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Reviews, News & rumours relating to all things Honda.
By kingofdbrits
EvoStu wrote:
J wrote:
probably awful as a daily driver.
So the sort of car I like to drive and sends shivers down my Mrs spine. :lol:
Yup. :lol:

Also the reason I don't use the civic as a daily driver with the little un now because she couldn't sleep in it due to the suspension.
My excuse for more power is our little boy, his latest game is 'ready, steady, GO'. When he shouts Go i boot it, he tries to hold his head forward and does proper belly laughs. Another petrol head i'm sure.
By EvoStu
yella wrote:Looks like Nurburgring FTW is the target,

Bold statement to make against the megane in my opinion. its going to take more than just grunt to make this happen, but nothing less then 250bhp and some pretty epic chassis dynamics will be needed, but also will this translate to the EDM version, as we never get the best ones here do we.

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/news/defau ... ryId=26394
It's being developed by Honda R&D in Offenbach, so yes completely EDM.
By smartie
EvoStu wrote:
J wrote:

Also the reason I don't use the civic as a daily driver with the little un now because she couldn't sleep in it due to the suspension.
FN 2 really that bad?
By EvoStu
smartie wrote:
EvoStu wrote:
J wrote:

FN 2 really that bad?
She's ok in it, but local town driving where the roads are generally sh*te, it wakes her up and of course as you know.....then its like her world has ended. :lol:
By EvoStu
dandemoraliser wrote:back of the fn2 is proper awful.

If you own one, let someone take you out in it. Whilst you enjoy the soothing drive.
Progressive springs help massively.
By I need VTEC
pulpmelon_r wrote:Will we be getting an RS Focus in the mean time with well over 300hp??
Rumours are that Ford are ditching a Focus RS in favour of a Fiesta RS.
By pulpmelon_r
I need VTEC wrote:
pulpmelon_r wrote:Will we be getting an RS Focus in the mean time with well over 300hp??
A Ken Block style 4wd RS fiesta would blow my mind!
By EvoStu
I need VTEC wrote:
Since when? Ford have already announced plans for the next gen Focus RS.
By Grov24
Seems a bit bold to say it's going to compete with megane's, Focus and VXR's, etc.

it's either going have power to match and have massive turbo lag from a 1.6, or going have to be around 1200kg or less.
By EvoStu
Grov24 wrote:Seems a bit bold to say it's going to compete with megane's, Focus and VXR's, etc.

it's either going have power to match and have massive turbo lag from a 1.6, or going have to be around 1200kg or less.
Why would it have massive turbo lag?
By Stevo M81
EvoStu wrote:
dandemoraliser wrote:back of the fn2 is proper awful.

If you own one, let someone take you out in it. Whilst you enjoy the soothing drive.
Progressive springs help massively.
+1 Eibach springs sort that problem thats what i did as the ride was crashy [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
By kingofdbrits
EvoStu wrote:
Grov24 wrote:Seems a bit bold to say it's going to compete with megane's, Focus and VXR's, etc.

Why would it have massive turbo lag?
If it keeps the high revs there'll be no turbo lag as it won't need a monster turbo to turn a 1.6 into something only slightly the slowest hot hatch.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]