The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Reviews, News & rumours relating to all things Honda.
By Ali
http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/scoop ... ed-testing

Nice B&Q spoiler.
Autocar wrote:These spy pictures could be the first evidence that Honda is working on a new version of the revered Honda Civic Type R. Our photographers spied two test cars near Honda’s technical center at the Nürburgring, both wearing a large, unsubtle spoilers over their rear windows.

Together with some minor body modifications, these cars could be early chassis test mules for the next hot Civic, the standard version of which went on sale in the UK earlier this year.

At last year’s Tokyo motor show senior Honda sources confirmed to Autocar that the hot hatch is likely to make a return, probably in 2013.

Manabu Nishimae, president of Honda Motor Europe, admitted that “customers are keen to see sporty models and while we can’t deliver immediately we are going to develop and deliver those products.”

Expect the Civic Type-R to stick to its classic defining characteristics of a high-revving naturally aspirated petrol motor putting out over 200bhp and focusing on handling prowess rather than outright pace.

Unlike previous Civic Type-R iterations, however, the new car is destined to be a five-door, rather than three-door.

Yoshikazu Kigoshi, general manager for Honda research and design centre, described the new Type-R as having “special bumpers, wheels, spoilers and seats,” to set it apart from the standard car, as well as the usual firmer springs and more hardcore settings.

It was also confirmed that Mugen would not be involved in the development of the Civic Type-R despite the tuning firm’s hand in last year’s Mugen CR-Z.

The return of Type-R is yet another indication of how seriously the Japanese maker is now taking its performance cars. There are rumours that more Type-R models could appear in the current range, but nothing is confirmed.
By Ali
Will this one have a proper grill and toaster oven in the glovebox? Fridges are so 2007.
Last edited by Ali on Thu May 31, 2012 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Ali
bornlucky1 wrote:needs a turbo for it to work imo.

its autocar anyway so probably balls
God no, turbos are shite. Owned two, still don't like them. NA FTW.
By bornlucky1
Ali wrote:
bornlucky1 wrote:needs a turbo for it to work imo.

its autocar anyway so probably balls
God no, turbos are shite. Owned two, still don't like them. NA FTW.
Oh i agree, i prefer n/a too, however unless they do something amazing with emissions a high revving largish capacity engine will always
cost more to run in todays world than a smaller capacity turbo, tax, fuel, etc.

and nowadays these things matter
By yella
1.0 litre ,supercharged, tri turbo charged, 10,000rpm limit, 97mpg hybrid, 80g co2 ( so free tax) 278bhp, selectable front wheel drive and rear wheel drive and snow setting 4wd and less than 1100kg and all the cheap price of £16995 and an extra £800 for the GT spec one with all th options ticked. Or at least thats the rumour i heard,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

or like this story is it just all a load of speculative bollox
By EvoStu
Bloody journo's! :lol:

So apparently nearly 200km is close these days?

Honda's technical centre "at" the Nurburgring is actually in Offenbach near Frankfurt. :thumbup:
By EvoStu
smartie wrote:Is that a tow bar?
Certainly is. This model that is the mule is actually just a standard Civic (suspension testing) so tow bar is optional.

No Type R has had a towing weight and I'd expect that to continue.

By Liam Type-R
Surely they can do better then this,looks wise,5 doors needs an up in power, if they go over 200bhp, say 230,doesnt leave much of an improvement margin for the customer wanting a bit more. Id rather a look into a megane i think.
Last edited by Liam Type-R on Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
By EvoStu
Liam Type-R wrote:Surely they can do better then this, if they go over 200bhp, say 230,doesnt leave much of an improvement margin for the customer wanting a bit more. Id rather a look into a megane i think.
There is no way they can produce a free revving engine producing highish BHP figures whilst leaving it NA, and maintain a low CO2 output, which is required.

The rumours of a turbo at this point are unfounded. :wink:
By J
EvoStu wrote:
Liam Type-R wrote:Surely they can do better then this, if they go over 200bhp, say 230,doesnt leave much of an improvement margin for the customer wanting a bit more. Id rather a look into a megane i think.
There is no way they can produce a free revving engine producing highish BHP figures whilst leaving it NA, and maintain a low CO2 output, which is required.

The rumours of a turbo at this point are unfounded........ again. :wink:
Not the turbo rumour again. buy the law of averages they will be right one day :lol:

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]