The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Reviews, News & rumours relating to all things Honda.
By J
D1z CTR wrote:
So people brought it because it was a rare car??? If 2 billion people wanted to buy it ford would of made 2 billion cars.... Its about making money
If they had made more they would have sold more. :wink:
By Jules
D1z CTR wrote:
Jules wrote:The RS was made in fewer numbers so you will of course see less [smilie=its-a-tard.gif]
So people brought it because it was a rare car??? If 2 billion people wanted to buy it ford would of made 2 billion cars.... Its about making money
Brought it from where?

The first part of your post confirms the second parts thought process to be honest :lol:
By Jules
EvoStu wrote:
Jules wrote:The RS was made in fewer numbers so you will of course see less [smilie=its-a-tard.gif]
There were a LOT of MK2's built though. 11500 to be precise.

'numbers'
I do see a lot of them, there are lots for sale online as well. It's hardly an MPS now is it though, that's rare.

I see more RS's than I do of mine though, but thats probably because it looks the same as a 1.4 A3 :lol:
By EvoStu
To be fair I see more RS' in Manchester than FN2's. They really do seem to be the choice of the aspiring drug dealer.
By karl
D1z CTR wrote:
where did they bring them from? what are you saying? this makes no sense, sorry [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
By EvoStu
Yup. Due in 2015 and aims to be fastest production fwd car at the nurburgring.

With the basis being the wtcc car, I'm guessing they're going to end up with a turbo. Although I know several powerplants are being tested.
By EvoStu
The one thing I'm trying to find out is which platform it will be based on. You see at that point the next civic will be well underway with development, with an anticipated launch of 2016, based on their 5 year rotation program.
By Jules
Optimistic - 2015. The current crop will be facelifted by then, with a possible new Focus RS and most likely some epic renault models.
By EvoStu
Jules wrote:Optimistic - 2015. The current crop will be facelifted by then, with a possible new Focus RS and most likely some epic renault models.
Exactly. Facelifted. Which is why I'm thinking we may see a new platform civic sooner than expected.
By Jules
As, so a newer version than this current one? Would make sense I guess, only way they could push themselves forward enough. Seeing as BMW are bringing in a 1.5 turbo engine capable of 220+bhp it should be interesting to see what Honda produce.
By J
EvoStu wrote:
Jules wrote:Optimistic - 2015. The current crop will be facelifted by then, with a possible new Focus RS and most likely some epic renault models.
Exactly. Facelifted. Which is why I'm thinking we may see a new platform civic sooner than expected.
Perhaps one people will like the look of. :wink:
By kingofdbrits
Jules wrote: Seeing as BMW are bringing in a 1.5 turbo engine capable of 220+bhp it should be interesting to see what Honda produce.
Ford have managed to get 250 using a K03 in the new ST, so surely Honda can do better with more revs.
By CTR_martin
http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/paris ... -confirmed
A new Honda Civic Type R will be launched in 2015, company president Takanobu Ito has confirmed.

The car will be "cultivated with applications of technologies developed through the World Touring Car Championship" according to Ito, suggesting it will be powered by a turbocharged 1.6 litre engine. Honda enters the championship as a works team later this year.

Ito did not expand on details of the next Type R, but said that he had set his engineers the task if making it the fastest front wheel drive car to lap the Nurburgring.

It will initially be sold in Europe only. "It is important to offer customers there something sporty," Ito told Autocar. "This car is not about sales volume, but inspiring customers and engineers." He added that sales outside Europe would be considered at a later date.

Ito also confirmed development of a baby SUV was underway, for sale in 2013 and likely to be based on the Jazz, and that a small roadster for the Japanese market only, in the mould of the Honda Beat, would go on sale by 2015.

The new cars are part of a raft of product developments from Honda designed to push sales from just over three million cars to six million cars a year by March 2017.

"Now is the time to counter-attack," said Ito. "The goal is ambitious but achievable. We must work towards it.'
"

Ito also laid out plans to develop three new hybrid systems, using one, two or three electric motors depending on vehicle type. 

Ito pledged world leadership in economy from the one motor system. "By improving efficiency of regenerative emery recovery systems we believe we can be number one," he said.

The two motor system will be used on mid size vehicles and be sold in the us and Japan initially.

The three motor system is used in conjunction with Honda's SH-AWD technology, which forms the basis of the powertrain for the upcoming Honda NSX, Acura RLX and the next generation Honda Legend, which will go on sale in Japan in 2014.
Last edited by CTR_martin on Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]