The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Reviews, News & rumours relating to all things Honda.
By EvoStu
What a great looking car! :shock: The Koreans are seriously upping their game now.

I liked the old one as well, it was a decent drive, and the new one looks like a cracking motor.

By Mr Anderson
Why are the windows so high? No point in having them in the back at all! And i bet the interior plastics are still gash
By EvoStu
Mr Anderson wrote:Why are the windows so high? No point in having them in the back at all! And i bet the interior plastics are still gash
I went to the launch of the 5 door in Frankfurt mate. They are the same plastics as the Hyundai i30, the same plastics and build that the CEO of VW was angry about at the Frankfurt launch.

So all in all........as good as the class leaders. :salut:
By Sedge
It seems to be a trend with new cars to have the high back windows. Could it be a safety based feature? More reinforement in the back?
By bornlucky1
EvoStu wrote:
Mr Anderson wrote:Why are the windows so high? No point in having them in the back at all! And i bet the interior plastics are still gash
I went to the launch of the 5 door in Frankfurt mate. They are the same plastics as the Hyundai i30, the same plastics and build that the CEO of VW was angry about at the Frankfurt launch.

Why was he angry?

The last ceed was nice car, but, suffers from rust badly.
By Mr Anderson
EvoStu wrote:

He was angry that the steering wheel didn't drop down and thud when you released the locking mechanism to adjust the height/reach, like it does on every other car.
By dandemoraliser
side impact protection? Reduced length of side airbags?
By Jules
Kia meeting about making the next car

"What car we copy now?"

"I reary rike scirroco, i make car rat rook rike sirroco"
By bornlucky1
Jules wrote:Kia meeting about making the next car

"What car we copy now?"

:lol:
That's a good point though, it does reek of scirroco.
By EvoStu
Mr Anderson wrote:He was angry that the steering wheel didn't drop down and thud when you released the locking mechanism to adjust the height/reach, like it does on every other car.
He also mentioned panel gaps & quality as well. Magazines also mention the plastics quality in their reviews as well.

Either way, think back to what Highanddry and K K K K Kia were producing 10 years ago and look at them now.

All designed by Europeans as well since they headhunted designers from VW to work for them at their Frankfurt HQ. :bigthumb:

They had an EPIC party there last September as well for the motorshow.

Image Image
By dandemoraliser
bornlucky1 wrote:

"What car we copy now?"

but no doubt about 8k cheaper. VW just sat in their palace scratching their heads.
By EvoStu
bornlucky1 wrote:

"What car we copy now?"

As it was ex VW designers who worked on it............is that any surprise?
By Stevo M81
Looks quite well [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
By EvoStu
OOCH wrote:Any specs out for this yet Stu? Take it they still have a 7 year warranty?
I'd expect same engines as the current 5 door plus similar high specs, and yup 7 year warranty.
By EvoStu
V-TEC wrote:A hot hatch version of this would be very interesting. Looks really good :cool:
Apparently there will be a 200BHP 1.6 engined version coming. :bigthumb:

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]