The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Reviews, News & rumours relating to all things Honda.
By yella
Stevo M81 wrote:Good to hear another Type R is coming, but it will need alot more power to compete against the other hot hatchs. Something around the 250bhp would be nice :-D
i think you missed the point of Type R, they never hike the power more than needed.

Its simple, back in the day there were two guys who were responsible for the invention of Hot hatches. Barry Hot and Keith Hatch. These two guys worked together very well. however over years hot hatch incorporated was sold on as Barry and keith wanted to retire. So they sold Hot Hatch incorporated on and it was bought by larry leadfoot and Colin chassis. These two guys were mates but had a falling out. They took the magic that barry and Keith had injected but had differeing views. So they split.

So Larry leadfoot went to work with Vauxhall ont he VXR range, and Mazda on the MPS range.
Where as colin went to work for Honda on the Type R, Renault with the clio.

So you get the drift.

Its very rare that Colin and Larry work together now, but occasionally they get it on and design cars like the RS megane or the M135i

hope that clears it all up.

Oh and for what its worth, saw Collin in Morrisons the other day and he rckons Larry will not be working on the new type R
By Stevo M81
dandemoraliser wrote:
bluntcap wrote:
Stevo M81 wrote:Good to hear another Type R is coming, but it will need alot more power to compete against the other hot hatchs. Something around the 250bhp would be nice :-D
Pffft, if it's not 300bhp they shouldn't bother
orly? :scratch:

New VXR 270 odd
New Megane 265

Why do 300bhp?

If they could make it 230-240 and just lighter :think:
I was thinking the same Dan i havnt heard any other hot hatchs at 300bhp either
By bluntcap
dandemoraliser wrote:
bluntcap wrote:

New VXR 270 odd
New Megane 265

Why do 300bhp?

Yarly.

The real question is why not do 300bhp? Main reason for my comment is because I have that amount of power in my car, it's a serious hoot to drive, lots of fun, instant acceleration and the car can handle it just fine, I'm on the OEM clutch, only done the minor brake upgrade of lines, fluid and pads and my car brakes and handles great. I think giving it the usual 197-198 bhp is daft, give it more power, why not give it more power. 300bhp will obviously never never happen, but yes 240 would be a good proper upgrade.
Stevo M81 wrote:
:scratch: Focus RS......que Dan telling us they only get RR'd at 270 :shouldbeinteresting:
By Stevo M81
yella wrote:
i think you missed the point of Type R, they never hike the power more than needed.

Its simple, back in the day there were two guys who were responsible for the invention of Hot hatches. Barry Hot and Keith Hatch. These two guys worked together very well. however over years hot hatch incorporated was sold on as Barry and keith wanted to retire. So they sold Hot Hatch incorporated on and it was bought by larry leadfoot and Colin chassis. These two guys were mates but had a falling out. They took the magic that barry and Keith had injected but had differeing views. So they split.

So Larry leadfoot went to work with Vauxhall ont he VXR range, and Mazda on the MPS range.

So you get the drift.

Its very rare that Colin and Larry work together now, but occasionally they get it on and design cars like the RS megane or the M135i

Oh and for what its worth, saw Collin in Morrisons the other day and he rckons Larry will not be working on the new type R
Interesting story there Yella :-D
By Stevo M81
bluntcap wrote:
dandemoraliser wrote:
bluntcap wrote:

New VXR 270 odd
New Megane 265

Why do 300bhp?

Yarly.

The real question is why not do 300bhp? Main reason for my comment is because I have that amount of power in my car, it's a serious hoot to drive, lots of fun, instant acceleration and the car can handle it just fine, I'm on the OEM clutch, only done the minor brake upgrade of lines, fluid and pads and my car brakes and handles great. I think giving it the usual 197-198 bhp is daft, give it more power, why not give it more power. 300bhp will obviously never never happen, but yes 240 would be a good proper upgrade.
Stevo M81 wrote:
:scratch: Focus RS......que Dan telling us they only get RR'd at 270 :shouldbeinteresting:
Alright 1 hot hatch, but there are many blunty :lol:
gets in before jules with RS3 at 340 odd.

Focus RS was 300+ after its ecu revisions.

But tbh i think the ST is more in the group witht he CTR rather than the RS.

Think there's two catagories of hot hatch now as you can't very well put RS3's & RS's in with Clio's and Mini cooper JCWs
By EvoStu
Jules86 wrote:
karl wrote:fridge in the glovebox, cruise control and a 5 door only hatch - everything the Type-R brand has ever been about right there :salut:
Thats the FN2 :lol:
And just about every hot hatch out there right now. What makes the Type R any different? I don't hear the RenaultSport crowd complaining about their heritage being raped? :lol:

I liked Yella's story. Pretty much spot on. :salut:
By ctr-lib
yella wrote:

So you get the drift.

Cool story bro
By bluntcap
Stevo M81 wrote:
Alright 1 hot hatch, but there are many blunty :lol:
but that was the big buzz around the focus RS, the power it had. Take top gear for eample, now the RS was on that getting a good thrashing.......the FN2 was on once from memory, I haven't seen the M20 civic on, usually rare cars like that get a look in on programs, but i've yet to see anything "exciting" from Honda make big news. Maybe I'm wrong and just missed the program it was on.

Even the 2.2l Mugen M20s......now we all thin that's cool, but obviously not good enough to get on the big car programs.
By yella
ctr-lib wrote:
yella wrote:

So you get the drift.

Cool story bro
you mean, true story Bro
By bluntcap
dandemoraliser wrote:gets in before jules with RS3 at 340 odd.

Think there's two catagories of hot hatch now as you can't very well put RS3's & RS's in with Clio's and Mini cooper JCWs
Very true, there is a distinct difference in 2 groups.....but why not make honda the top of their group?
By EvoStu
Jules86 wrote:
EvoStu wrote:
Jules86 wrote:RS3, 1M?
RS3 - £40K.
M135i - £29K

I know which I'd rather have.
The RS3.

This is the competitor for it anyway, same price

http://www.bmw.co.uk/bmwuk/modelrange/0 ... BN,00.html
You're a f*cking idiot. :lol:

2 door coupe a rival for a 5 door hatchback?

The 5 door M135i is the RS3's rival. Plus its quicker and has better handling according to the reviews out there right now. The M135i might look odd, but it does its job far more effectively. And if you mention wet weather standing starts etc and snow, you deserve to burn in the fiery depths of satan arsehole.
bluntcap wrote:

Very true, there is a distinct difference in 2 groups.....but why not make honda the top of their group?
Would mean a fair leap, not only in performance but in build quality and no doubt price, which will please people who already think the new civic is not exactly cheap!
By Stevo M81
bluntcap wrote:

Probably because they want to keep it at a level were more people can afford them, i would think :wink:
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]