The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Reviews, News & rumours relating to all things Honda.
By EvoStu
Jules wrote:Do they use the same components in every race, never changing a thing Stu?
Everyone hailed the corsa VXR as amazing with a 1.6 engine, but that just eats its self if you remap it.
Not allowed to change engines or major components in the engine mate, its against the regs. :salut:

Its all to do with the cost savings applied to the touring car championships. You have to make an engine last a season.

If they do change an engine, they get docked points and fined.
danneth wrote:So only 2-3 years to wait for a turbo and a massive 250bhp. :sleeping:
Looking like it might be 280bhp, if they can keep the weight down, have a proper LSD and recreate the handling of older cars Honda have produced it might be a right belter.

I'm going to try and keep possitive on this one.
By Superman001
kingofdbrits wrote:
danneth wrote:So only 2-3 years to wait for a turbo and a massive 250bhp. :sleeping:
Looking like it might be 280bhp, if they can keep the weight down, have a proper LSD and recreate the handling of older cars Honda have produced it might be a right belter.

I'm going to try and keep possitive on this one.

Will be a good car as long as it weighs no more than 1250kg, has around 240-260bhp and a helical lsd and costs no more than 22k.
http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-c ... d%E2%80%99
Honda sources told Autocar that the new engine would have ‘more than 260bhp’. Honda engineering sources said that, at this early stage, ‘some consideration’ was being given to equipping the Type-R with rear-wheel steering, an old Honda technology that the company is keen to revive in updated form.

The 1.6-litre HR412E turbocharged engine used in the new WTCC Civic race car is said to be providing inspiration for the Type-R engine. A single Civic WTCC car has entered the last three rounds of the 2012 global series, but Honda will compete in the whole of the 2013 series with two cars.
By EvoStu
dandemoraliser wrote:http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-c ... d%E2%80%99
Honda sources told Autocar that the new engine would have ‘more than 260bhp’. Honda engineering sources said that, at this early stage, ‘some consideration’ was being given to equipping the Type-R with rear-wheel steering, an old Honda technology that the company is keen to revive in updated form.

The 1.6-litre HR412E turbocharged engine used in the new WTCC Civic race car is said to be providing inspiration for the Type-R engine. A single Civic WTCC car has entered the last three rounds of the 2012 global series, but Honda will compete in the whole of the 2013 series with two cars.
Rumours of another 3 cars into the WTCC as well run by Oak Motorsport as the same rumours suggest Team Dynamics were dropped from the potential runners of a non factory team.

If its true about the road car though, then 300BHP will be epic. :shock: Biggest problem of course will be can they bring it in at the right cost.
By Just Dirk
EvoStu wrote:

Rumours of another 3 cars into the WTCC as well run by Oak Motorsport as the same rumours suggest Team Dynamics were dropped from the potential runners of a non factory team.

If its true about the road car though, then 300BHP will be epic. :shock: Biggest problem of course will be can they bring it in at the right cost.
If they give me good trade in on the ep I'll get one :thumbup:
By Stevo M81
EvoStu wrote:

Think your right Stu, 300bhp sounds great but it will come down to it being priced right indeed.
By Just Dirk
IMO they will aim it just below the competition, which will never be as cheap on comparison as the ep was new, I picked up my prem for 16,500 which was cheap as chips.. How much was the fn new, I have 18 in my mind??? Cheaper than the golf etc and same market?

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]