The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Reviews, News & rumours relating to all things Honda.
By CTR_martin
The new Honda Civic Type R will be confirmed for production at the Paris motor show in September, company insiders have confirmed to Autocar. It is then likely to be previewed at the Geneva motor show in March next year before going on sale in about 12 months’ time.

Engine details of the new Type R are still under wraps. The old Type R went out of production before the standard Civic because its high-revving, normally aspirated VTEC engine failed to meet emissions regulations. Honda could have updated the engine for the new Type R, or it could be destined to get a downsized turbo engine in line with hot hatch rivals.

Before the hottest new Civic arrives, Honda will launch a cooking version of the new five-door hatchback. Mugen and Team Dynamics both recently showed proposals for a ‘Type S’ version of the new Civic at the Goodwood Festival of Speed, and a decision on the direction of the new 1.8-litre petrol model is imminent.
http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-c ... a-go-ahead

:bday:
By Damien
Hopefully they'll get the styling right! if it looks anything like this i'll be very tempted.

By Jules
I'll trust this
The new Honda Civic Type R will be confirmed for production at the Paris motor show in September, Evostu has confirmed to CTRO.
over this
The new Honda Civic Type R will be confirmed for production at the Paris motor show in September, company insiders have confirmed to Autocar.
every day of the week!
By bluntcap
Good to hear the Type R will be making a come back, if it's like the picture above then the arches need body coloured. Also I expect it to be a much lower powered car than it's rivals, I'd be shocked if they go the turbo route.
By EvoStu
Jules, its happening. It's been worked on for a little while now. Autocar are merely regurgitating information and taking a guess at the dates. But this does fall in line with the timelines and what they've done previously.

Wouldn't read too much into the engine comments though as this is something that's still not decided. They have however built a brand new 1.6 turbo engine at Tochigi for the WTCC, so they have the capability to do it.
By bluntcap
EvoStu wrote:Jules, its happening. It's been worked on for a little while now. Autocar are merely regurgitating information and taking a guess at the dates. But this does fall in line with the timelines and what they've done previously.

Wouldn't read too much into the engine comments though as this is something that's still not decided. They have however built a brand new 1.6 turbo engine at Tochigi for the WTCC, so they have the capability to do it.
So you own Honda yea :shouldbeinteresting:
By EvoStu
bluntcap wrote:So you own Honda yea :shouldbeinteresting:
I own "A" Honda. Yes. :lol:

Its true though, the comments from Autocar are just guesswork like everything in this business. Unless of course you talk to the right people, which inevitably they do. The motorshow dates they've given are right and Honda have already said that the car needs to be to market within 12 months, so it makes sense. Engine wise, there have been several options thrown around, but as the outgoing K20Z4 wasn't fully EU V compliant, and had too many CO2 emissions compared to the rivals, you can bet they'll be looking to lower the emissions significantly on the new car.
By Stevo M81
Good to hear another Type R is coming, but it will need alot more power to compete against the other hot hatchs. Something around the 250bhp would be nice :-D
By bluntcap
EvoStu wrote:
bluntcap wrote:So you own Honda yea :shouldbeinteresting:
I own "A" Honda. Yes. :lol:

Its true though, the comments from Autocar are just guesswork like everything in this business. Unless of course you talk to the right people, which inevitably they do. The motorshow dates they've given are right and Honda have already said that the car needs to be to market within 12 months, so it makes sense. Engine wise, there have been several options thrown around, but as the outgoing K20Z4 wasn't fully EU V compliant, and had too many CO2 emissions compared to the rivals, you can bet they'll be looking to lower the emissions significantly on the new car.
I wasn't being sacrky just having a joke :wink: Seeing as most people.....including myself once :oops: .....has actually asked if you work for Honda :lol:
By bluntcap
Stevo M81 wrote:Good to hear another Type R is coming, but it will need alot more power to compete against the other hot hatchs. Something around the 250bhp would be nice :-D
Pffft, if it's not 300bhp they shouldn't bother
By Stevo M81
bluntcap wrote:
Stevo M81 wrote:Good to hear another Type R is coming, but it will need alot more power to compete against the other hot hatchs. Something around the 250bhp would be nice :-D
You and that 300bhp figure :lol: so if it was 300bhp would you buy one then hmmm :wink:
By karl
fridge in the glovebox, cruise control and a 5 door only hatch - everything the Type-R brand has ever been about right there :salut:
By ctr-lib
bluntcap wrote:
This tbh

All the other hot hatches are near enough above 300bhp

But you can understand if they put that kind of power in they have to upgrade the brakes and suspension which is more money so it's doubtful
By bluntcap
Stevo M81 wrote:
bluntcap wrote:
You and that 300bhp figure :lol: so if it was 300bhp would you buy one then hmmm :wink:
It would attract me more yes.
bluntcap wrote:
orly? :scratch:

New VXR 270 odd
New Megane 265

Why do 300bhp?

If they could make it 230-240 and just lighter :think:
By Jules
karl wrote:fridge in the glovebox, cruise control and a 5 door only hatch - everything the Type-R brand has ever been about right there :salut:
Thats the FN2 :lol:

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]