The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Reviews, News & rumours relating to all things Honda.
By motty
Mad-Dog wrote:
RoBMX wrote:200bhp? Is that not a little light in comparison to what has been suggested that Honda will have in the new type r?
Different class though surely? This will be aimed at fiesta and corsa, civic should be aiming for the focus, megane and Astra

I actually like it, although 3 door would be better
also 2015 is rather a long way off at the minute, which is when the new type r is expected
By skinnyman9000
EvoStu wrote:
skinnyman9000 wrote:5dr hot hatches can foad
They're actually more rigid than a 3 door. :wink:

Most hot hatches will be 5 door from now on.
Doesn’t stop them from looking shite

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2
By Superbully
skinnyman9000 wrote:
EvoStu wrote:

Sent from my HTC Yes - i'm a bellend turn off this annoying auto signature.
Taste differs from one to the other. They look shite to you but not to others. Guess you won't be buying any hot hatches from now on then...
By Adey
Didn't even notice it was 5 door. Looks good & it's nice to be able to have a quick that you can the kids in the back easily [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
By RoBMX
smartie wrote:3 door or 5 door hardly makes any difference to the looks. :scratch:
It does though, picture an FN2 or EP3 with doors about 1/8th of the length with another one jammed in behind it, that's what 5 Door versions look like.
By RoBMX
smartie wrote:Most people don't notice the civic diesel we have has 5 doors at first.
I think that tells you more about how much attention 'most people' pay to the world around them than it does about 3d vs. 5d.
By skinnyman9000
Superbully wrote:
skinnyman9000 wrote:
EvoStu wrote:

Sent from my HTC Yes - i'm a bellend turn off this annoying auto signature.
Taste differs from one to the other. They look shite to you but not to others. Guess you won't be buying any hot hatches from now on then...
I would try my very best not to buy a 5dr hot hatch
By J@mes
smartie wrote:Just a door, doesn't really affect the overall car shape or looks that much. :smile:

You couldn't affect the looks of that anymore tbh. Honda have done quite a good job screwing this mark of the civic up.

As for hot hatchs they should all be 3 door, I just cringe inside when I see a focus st or a gti in 5 door guise, it's such a waste.
By skinnyman9000
civictype-are wrote:
smartie wrote:Just a door, doesn't really affect the overall car shape or looks that much. :smile:

You couldn't affect the looks of that anymore tbh. Honda have done quite a good job screwing this mark of the civic up.

As for hot hatchs they should all be 3 door, I just cringe inside when I see a focus st or a gti in 5 door guise, it's such a waste.

Hegzactly. Seen a golf R32 5dr? Should never have been made
Spec looks immense!
At a glance, the New Clio Renaultsport 200 Turbo LUX boasts the following features:
•All-new direct injection 1.6-litre turbo petrol engine, pushes out 200hp at 6,000rpm
•25Nm more torque than predecessor, and plenty of it mid-range. 240Nm from 1,750 to 5,500rpm. Quicker from 0-62mph - now 6.7 or 8 seconds
•First Renaultsport Efficient Dual Clutch transmission. Six gears – all selectable via full-sized steering column-mounted paddle shifters. Includes first sub-supercar multi-change down function
•Host of upgrades to ensure it remains the ultimate “hot” supermini: -first production car with hydraulic compression stops in shock absorbers (usually preserve of rally cars) - new steering calibration, MacPherson front axle set-up, plus rear axle with 10% increased anti-roll bar stiffness
•-bigger brakes – 320mm v 312 before. Goodyear Eagle in 17"
•R.S. Drive with three driving modes - alters settings for engine, accelerator pedal, steering and ESC mapping: Normal, Sport and entirely manual Race (shift time ratio of under 150 milliseconds in latter)
•Launch Control and fully disconnectable ESC and ASR traction control (in Race mode) for the ultimate track car weapon
•R.S. Diff enhances its cornering grip, standing start performance and understeer removal
•Cup chassis option with 3mm lowered ride height, 15% stiffer chassis (springs and dampers) and improved steering, red brake calipers and 18" wheels gloss black with Dunlop Sport Maxx TT tyres
•Fuel economy and emissions improved by almost a quarter. Former up 10.3 mpg to 44.8 mpg (combined) and latter slashed to 144g/km (down 46g/km)
•Chic styling in five-door bodystyle. New look courtesy of 17” or 18” alloys, F1 blade front bumper, Renaultsport rear spoiler and diffuser, twin exhaust, DRLs and side sills
•High level of equipment – Bluetooth, USB connectivity, keyless start and entry, R-Link integrated tablet with navigation, Renaultsport front seats
•R.S. Sound Pipe sends engine noise into cabin
•Evocative red touches for seatbelts, instrument needles, air vent surrounds, gearlever knob and gaiter
•Wide range of options: full leather upholstery, climate control, 18” gloss black or anthracite alloys, Cup chassis with red brake calipers, rear view camera, upgraded R.S. Monitor on-board telemetry system (displays real time torque, G-forces, lap times and standing starts among others - data downloadable to USB)
•Five body colours, including exclusive Liquid Yellow
Providing it all works...for more than the time it gets off the forecourt, that's incredible.
By EvoStu
Mark83 wrote:Looks like they've addressed the mpg. It was horrendous in my 200.
They need to speak to Danneth. Diesel'esque mpg from over 300bhp with ease.
By yella
Mark83 wrote:Looks like they've addressed the mpg. It was horrendous in my 200.
is that same gearbox as the facelifted 197 one as my brothers 197 cup is amazing on fuel ( compared to an ep3 of course), he's getting 300-350 a tank
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]