The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Reviews, News & rumours relating to all things Honda.
By juz1
My mate works for Toyota and I went out in one the other month. I quite like it its fast, but not massively fast. It doesn't feel as raw as a type r and the room in the back is a bit tight. The far left speed instrument gauge is completely pointless which I think I looked at once. Bit steep for the price and it looks like some other cars mixed together.
By EvoStu
juz1 wrote:My mate works for Toyota and I went out in one the other month. I quite like it its fast, but not massively fast. It doesn't feel as raw as a type r and the room in the back is a bit tight. The far left speed instrument gauge is completely pointless which I think I looked at once. Bit steep for the price and it looks like some other cars mixed together.
A bit tight in the back? :roflmao: You can't fit an adult in the back if someone over 5ft 7" tall is driving, fact.

£26K is a lot of money for essentially a 2 seater Toyota.
By bornlucky1
bornlucky1 wrote:Good review, engine letdown could be down to you being used to a screaming k20?
Aimed at n+n. Btw.
By juz1
my wife sat in the back and she said she was about to get DVT. The handling felt very good to be honest, it lets you have a little play before the traction control kicks in. The speed felt solid all the way through the gears so overall I liked it, but I wouldnt not spend 24k for what it is. You can get a lot more car for that imo, I rang him the other day and he said they are not selling too good.

Thinking about my civic and I am not been a honda buddy, but I cant find anything I dislike about mine where as in the 86 I could. The far left speedo instrument thing is stupid there is too much to take in as its really deatailed. The digital readout in the middle however is really good. The seats are really nice except the rear, they should have just made it an all out 2 seater and made it into boot space.

My mate recons there not going down in price when we was out in their demo he said there not even going to drop the price of this demo car. I asked him if he was getting it again for a weekend and his boss has banned him and the rest of them for taking it out anymore because they were putting too much milage on it. :-D
By EvoStu
juz1 wrote:my wife sat in the back and she said she was about to get DVT. The handling felt very good to be honest, it lets you have a little play before the traction control kicks in. The speed felt solid all the way through the gears so overall I liked it, but I wouldnt not spend 24k for what it is. You can get a lot more car for that imo, I rang him the other day and he said they are not selling too good.

Thinking about my civic and I am not been a honda buddy, but I cant find anything I dislike about mine where as in the 86 I could. The far left speedo instrument thing is stupid there is too much to take in as its really deatailed. The digital readout in the middle however is really good. The seats are really nice except the rear, they should have just made it an all out 2 seater and made it into boot space.

My mate recons there not going down in price when we was out in their demo he said there not even going to drop the price of this demo car. I asked him if he was getting it again for a weekend and his boss has banned him and the rest of them for taking it out anymore because they were putting too much milage on it. :-D
£24K? Do you get a discount then? Its a £26K starting price mate. :wink:

The reason they didn't make it a 2 seater was because of insurance purposes. A 2 seater is more expensive to insure. Hence why the CRZ was given 2+2 status for Europe whereas the US and Japan get a 2 seater. :bigthumb:
By Newannaive
bornlucky1 wrote:
bornlucky1 wrote:Good review, engine letdown could be down to you being used to a screaming k20?
Aimed at n+n. Btw.
Yeah maybe right dude. I was kind of waiting for things to happen at high revs and it just didn't, and then I was like "was that fast because it didn't really feel it?" :scratch:
The engine is nowhere near as special as a K20...it definitely needs something added.
By EvoStu
According to Autocar, they're the best handling car on the market right now. Beat some really heavy hitters in their latest track drivers test.
By Shappers
Both vicki butler whats herface and tiff were gushing about it at Top Gear live...

WANT. Think they're really going to hold their value, especially given the limited numbers they're bringing into the country this year.
By I need VTEC
Rumours that the BRZ is going to get a 280bhp turbo STi version have been surfacing more often recently.

Let's hope!
By yella
The Lichfield brz was quite impressive at the ring and spa and one of the guys with us had the gt86 which he quite rates and he's a handy driver

Although if you really want some simple rwd fun just go buy a £1000 e36 328i

Job done
By Shappers
yella wrote:

Job done

Thats a retarded argument... and one you could use for every single car on the planet..

Want a quick hot hatch? Don't spend £20K+ on a new Astra VXr, buy a 10 year old EP3 for £2K.

Want a midengined rear wheel drive awesome car? Don't spend £100K+ on a ferrari... buy a late 90's MR2.
By Newannaive
Shappers wrote: Want a quick hot hatch? Don't spend £20K+ on a new Astra VXr, buy a 10 year old EP3 for £2k
That's actually good advice. :salut:
By yella
Shappers wrote:
yella wrote:

Job done

Thats a retarded argument... and one you could use for every single car on the planet..

Want a quick hot hatch? Don't spend £20K+ on a new Astra VXr, buy a 10 year old EP3 for £2K.

Want a midengined rear wheel drive awesome car? Don't spend £100K+ on a ferrari... buy a late 90's MR2.

hows it retarded and it was not an argument, but it fecking is now you window licker. :crazy:

if you want to learn RWd you get a proper rear wheel drive, older the better. Mx5 or old BMW is the best way (as RWD fords are too pricey to crash anymore)
By Newannaive
The GT86 is released and the best articles on it are the ones on the tuner modified versions. More power, stiffer suspension, bigger brakes, different wheels and tyres.
I think it's a bit of a letdown tbh.
If the price wasn't 27k then you might be interested in a moderately powered light rwd toy. As it is I don't think it's worth anymore than 20k.
By Shappers
Newannaive wrote:The GT86 is released and the best articles on it are the ones on the tuner modified versions. More power, stiffer suspension, bigger brakes, different wheels and tyres.
I think it's a bit of a letdown tbh.
If the price wasn't 27k then you might be interested in a moderately powered light rwd toy. As it is I don't think it's worth anymore than 20k.
I think once (if?) the turbo'd version of the subaru comes out, prices of the stock GT86 will come down. Still think there will be a market for the GT86, not everyone wants silly levels of power.
By silvagti
Newannaive wrote: If the price wasn't 27k then you might be interested in a moderately powered light rwd toy. As it is I don't think it's worth anymore than 20k.
This TBH. I was expecting it to be on sale for MX5 money but instead they've priced it alongside V6 sportscars like the 370Z and 4WD rally reps like the Subaru STi. Whilst it might be entertaining it's been seriously overpriced IMO.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]