The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Reviews, News & rumours relating to all things Honda.
By EvoStu
smartie wrote:Doesnt appear to be about top speeds or pub figures though.
Nope. Every single review has said its one of the best handling cars on the road. Although quite where you're supposed to drift around bends on UK roads I don't know?
By m1ke
smartie wrote:Doesnt appear to be about top speeds or pub figures though.
I know, I like that about it.

All people go on about these days is BHP's and torks.
By Shappers
Fensport took delivery of theirs this week... they're already developing various parts.

From what they've posted, theres been some seriously nifty touches put into the development of this car...

Love it, but will probably be about 10 years before I can afford one!!
By mjhamilton
One of these screamed passed me on the Dorking road this morning.. Gt spec and sounded very nice indeed.. Seems to corner like it was on rails
By EvoStu
smartie wrote:Think I would probably love one but just not practical. :sad:
Rear is tiny. Wouldn't even fit a baby seat in there.
By smartie
EvoStu wrote:
smartie wrote:Think I would probably love one but just not practical. :sad:
Rear is tiny. Wouldn't even fit a baby seat in there.
I await the estate version.
By Binny
Toyota had one if these on a stand at the Bedford River Festival yesterday so I had a poke around. Wasn't overly impressed with the interior tbh and you're right, there was no room what so ever in the rear. You couldn't fit anyone in the back not even a small child (we tried). Should have done away with the rear seats all together IMO.

By EvoStu
Rear seats are fitted for insurance purposes. Much like the CRZ.

Europe has much more expensive insurance for 2 seaters than 2+2's, hence why the CRZ comes without rear seats in the US and JDM markets.
By Shappers
The last gen Celica was horrific for rear leg room too... and sloping roof meant if you're taller than 5'4 then you'll be banging your head.

That sold alright though... interesting to see if this will do the same!
By coops9789
I predict these will out sell that last gen celica easily.

This car is in a different league handling wise.
By algreene
I like these a lot. Needs a supercharger though..

Or twin turbo..
By EvoStu
algreene wrote:I like these a lot. Needs a supercharger though..

Or twin turbo..
I'm going to break this gently to you. You wouldn't fit comfortably in one. Ask Omni, he tried and failed at Goodwood.
By Newannaive
Went for a test drive today.

They had a black one in the showroom..

And a white demonstrator we took for a drive.

Look great inside and out imo, even the wheels are quite nice in the flesh. Very supra looking from the front, interior is nice and the driving position is perfect, handles well and nice and smooth on a cruise. Only had one niggle with it really and its the engine, didn't feel special enough tbh. I don't know what it was, because it sounds lovely and pulls well from low down..but high up it feels a little strangled and it runs out of puff too early. Maybe I'd feel different if I could abuse it more but first impressions were that the engine disappointed me ever so slightly.
Lovely car though.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]