The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Reviews, News & rumours relating to all things Honda.
By Z3D
Hmmmmmm available on my company car scheme.... Unsure of the monthly payments and timescales yet but if its reasonable I might go for one
By Mad-Dog
EvoStu wrote:

TRD edition has started deliveries.
I actually find that, dare i say, a little garish :oops: I actually prefer the normal version
By mjhamilton
Mad-Dog wrote:
EvoStu wrote:

TRD edition has started deliveries.
I actually find that, dare i say, a little garish :oops: I actually prefer the normal version

hmmmm.. ruined it by going all Mazda MPS with the styling (stealing off other cars with nothing that really flows or works properly)... would have to see in the flesh to see if it looks any better
By karl
it's still got that underpowered gash trimmer for an engine though
By Sacrificial Pawn
dandemoraliser wrote:needs a supra esk rear wing and a power increase of approx 100hp.
Fixed.

Think it looks rather good and they've got rid of the worst part of the standard car; those wheels. :puker:
By dandemoraliser
Sacrificial Pawn wrote:
dandemoraliser wrote:needs a supra esk rear wing and a power increase of approx 100hp.
Fixed.

Think it looks rather good and they've got rid of the worst part of the standard car; those wheels. :puker:
With the weight it is and another 40hp would be very close to an S2000. :think:

Maybe 40hp and 50ftlbs?
By Sacrificial Pawn
It would but if it had another 100bhp then that would elevate it out of the hairdresser demographic occupied by MX5's and S2k's. :wink:
By karl
should have had an STi lump in it at least
By dandemoraliser
Sacrificial Pawn wrote:It would but if it had another 100bhp then that would elevate it out of the hairdresser demographic occupied by MX5's and S2k's. :wink:
bmw owner response, standard.

You need more derv.
By yella
these are starting at 18k now second hand 19k on totyota's own forcourts. starting to get near the price they should have been at launch

People in the know are still rating them. I know rent4ring's and rentracecar users are loving them on track and lack of power has not been mentioned.
By dandemoraliser
yella wrote:these are starting at 18k now second hand 19k on totyota's own forcourts. starting to get near the price they should have been at launch

People in the know are still rating them. I know rent4ring's and rentracecar users are loving them on track and lack of power has not been mentioned.
Goodwood's bought 4 of them for citing and initial laps at their track days.
By yella
dandemoraliser wrote:
yella wrote:these are starting at 18k now second hand 19k on totyota's own forcourts. starting to get near the price they should have been at launch

the MPS style Crowd will always rate a car on its BHP etc. But to be honest i am starting to think a better handling car with less BHP is more fun than a stupid powerful car. I'd much rather a suzuki Swift than an MPS for using on track as an example.
By danneth
yella wrote:
dandemoraliser wrote:

the MPS style Crowd will always rate a car on its BHP etc. But to be honest i am starting to think a better handling car with less BHP is more fun than a stupid powerful car. I'd much rather a suzuki Swift than an MPS for using on track as an example.
Bizarre about people in the know rating them, then slagging the MPS, when Thruxton uses the MPS for it's driving days, I guess they aren't in the know then? :lol:
By EvoStu
danneth wrote:Bizarre about people in the know rating them, then slagging the MPS, when Thruxton uses the MPS for it's driving days, I guess they aren't in the know then? :lol:
Nothing to do with Mazda being one of the principle sponsors of the Thruxton driving school then? :lol:
By mjhamilton
EvoStu wrote:
danneth wrote:Bizarre about people in the know rating them, then slagging the MPS, when Thruxton uses the MPS for it's driving days, I guess they aren't in the know then? :lol:
Nothing to do with Mazda being one of the principle sponsors of the Thruxton driving school then? :lol:

plus the fact they like to give regular tours of the over run areas and gravel traps as part of the experience so the MPS is the ideal car for the job

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]