The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Reviews, News & rumours relating to all things Honda.
By danneth
EvoStu wrote:
danneth wrote:Bizarre about people in the know rating them, then slagging the MPS, when Thruxton uses the MPS for it's driving days, I guess they aren't in the know then? :lol:
Nothing to do with Mazda being one of the principle sponsors of the Thruxton driving school then? :lol:
Doesn't matter if they are or aren't, if the car was no good on the track then they wouldn't be used in the way they are :salut:
By EvoStu
danneth wrote:
EvoStu wrote:
danneth wrote:Bizarre about people in the know rating them, then slagging the MPS, when Thruxton uses the MPS for it's driving days, I guess they aren't in the know then? :lol:
Nothing to do with Mazda being one of the principle sponsors of the Thruxton driving school then? :lol:
Doesn't matter if they are or aren't, if the car was no good on the track then they wouldn't be used in the way they are :salut:
No offence, but they would. Oulton Park were sponsored by Rover and used the MG ZR and ZS 120 on track. That was always renowned for its on on track abilities wasn't it?

Yes yes they used the shell as a touring car but quite frankly it had zero resemblance to the road car.

Money talks Danneth. Mazda also sponsor Donington and Mallory park and send their cars there also.
By danneth
EvoStu wrote:
danneth wrote:
EvoStu wrote:
No offence, but they would. Oulton Park were sponsored by Rover and used the MG ZR and ZS 120 on track. That was always renowned for its on on track abilities wasn't it?

Yes yes they used the shell as a touring car but quite frankly it had zero resemblance to the road car.

Money talks Danneth. Mazda also sponsor Donington and Mallory park and send their cars there also.
R32 owner - "They are slowly growing on me.. I went round thruxton in one 4 up and was amazed at how well it went and handled.. "

random - "Had a ride in the 2009 3 MPS on a track day at Thruxton. I can confirm that those things can definitely shift - certainly out-stripped my expectations when the instructor put his foot down."

Caterham r300 owner - "Experienced a "hot lap" in a new Mazda 3 MPS, at Thruxton, 4 up in the car. Was staggered by its handling at the limit. Don't doubt what the driver said when he stated Mazda usually have an influx of orders for the car after such events. Very impressed with the car and very unchavvy "

That's without really looking, seems not everyone has the same opinion on what they are actually like, anyway as you were :salut:
By mjhamilton
there is one of these at my local dealer on a 62 plate with less than 1000 miles on the clock for £21k

,,,,, these didn't hold their value at all - I bet anyone that paid close to £30k thinking this was an investment will be pissed

Very tempted to book a test drive as people say they are a great drive for old geezers like me who are not fussed about huge power :bigthumb:
By yella
danneth wrote:
EvoStu wrote:
danneth wrote:
EvoStu wrote:

R32 owner - "They are slowly growing on me.. I went round thruxton in one 4 up and was amazed at how well it went and handled.. "

random - "Had a ride in the 2009 3 MPS on a track day at Thruxton. I can confirm that those things can definitely shift - certainly out-stripped my expectations when the instructor put his foot down."

Caterham r300 owner - "Experienced a "hot lap" in a new Mazda 3 MPS, at Thruxton, 4 up in the car. Was staggered by its handling at the limit. Don't doubt what the driver said when he stated Mazda usually have an influx of orders for the car after such events. Very impressed with the car and very unchavvy "

That's without really looking, seems not everyone has the same opinion on what they are actually like, anyway as you were :salut:

All time low for Danneth, justifying MPS track prowess from random quotes of passengers in hot laps.
By danneth
I know they aren't CTRO but just showing that not everyone thinks the same who have seen them perform to the limit, but I'm sure stu will tell us different from the one he drove when his neighbours, dads, cyber mate let him borrow his. :salut:
By EvoStu
danneth wrote:I know they aren't CTRO but just showing that not everyone thinks the same who have seen them perform to the limit, but I'm sure stu will tell us different from the one he drove when his neighbours, dads, cyber mate let him borrow his. :salut:
Danneth, unlike yourself I've got no reason to bullsh*t you. In fact I'm pretty sure I drove the mk1 before you owned it. Ali and had a very good discussion about a test drive we'd done at approx the same time.

I do have a lot of friends who work in the car industry so I get access to lots of different motors to try.
By pulpmelon_r
Several 62 plate GT86's on Autotrader for 19'999, thats a decent buy for someone in the market for a Warm Coupe right?
By yella
EvoStu wrote:
danneth wrote:I know they aren't CTRO but just showing that not everyone thinks the same who have seen them perform to the limit, but I'm sure stu will tell us different from the one he drove when his neighbours, dads, cyber mate let him borrow his. :salut:
Danneth, unlike yourself I've got no reason to bullsh*t you. In fact I'm pretty sure I drove the mk1 before you owned it. Ali and had a very good discussion about a test drive we'd done at approx the same time.

I do have a lot of friends who work in the car industry so I get access to lots of different motors to try.

Don't add depth to your argument with silly facts, Danneth just ignores reality.
By mjhamilton
yella wrote:
EvoStu wrote:

Don't add depth to your argument with silly facts, Danneth just ignores reality.
with Danneth there is no black and white - only very very dark blacks :roflmao:
By EvoStu
yella wrote:
EvoStu wrote:

Sorry Yella :sad: you're right.

That damned reality just bites :sad:
By danneth
mjhamilton wrote:
yella wrote:
EvoStu wrote:

with Danneth there is no black and white - only very very dark blacks :roflmao:

It's infinite black :bad-words:
By Mad-Dog
since black technically doesn't exist as a colour and is infact a lot of colours either blended together or one very very dark colour can you even use it as an argument :scratch:
By danneth
Mad-Dog wrote:since black technically doesn't exist as a colour and is infact a lot of colours either blended together or one very very dark colour can you even use it as an argument :scratch:
What argument is this?
By mjhamilton
Mad-Dog wrote:since black technically doesn't exist as a colour and is infact a lot of colours either blended together or one very very dark colour can you even use it as an argument :scratch:
You sir raise a very interesting point, I feel I will mull this one over until the early hours of the morning

..... Now let's discuss white, as of course this also is technically not a colour but a saturation of unfiltered light

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]