The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Reviews, News & rumours relating to all things Honda.
By Grov24
DANCTRs-o-t wrote:It's all down to one simple thing. Mapping. It's not hard to map the car so the boost doesn't come in in a big lump, look at the turbo VAG cars.
What VAG has 400bhp and FWD?
By DANCTRs-o-t

This one. Not much wheelspin off the line there.

And you are completely missing the point. If the car is mapped well enough it won't have massive amounts of wheelspin due to how the power is being delivered.
By Grov24
DANCTRs-o-t wrote:

This one. Not much wheelspin off the line there.

And you are completely missing the point. If the car is mapped well enough it won't have massive amounts of wheelspin due to how the power is being delivered.
No, your missing my point, in a big massive way.
By danneth
Grov24 wrote:
DANCTRs-o-t wrote:Oh look, a new RS is announced, another 'why isn't it 4wd?' conversation.

It won't happen because Ford won't spend the money developing it and in their mind the chassis can cope. And to a point it will be able to.
But that is the point. Up to a point it will be able to? I wouldn't want to be spending what will be more than likely nearly 30k for the chassis to cope up to a point.

You do that Danneth. Id be right along side you waving. :lol:

Oh you went there, it's all down to the driver? balldocks. Plus the Mk2 RS had a heavier 5 Cylinder engine up front, this will wheelspin until it's stuck in the tarmac. :lol:

Lots of people must launch there cars, seeing as lots of cars come with launch control these days.

I like both Focus RS's for the record. And yeah reviews said the RS was awesome, but it still wheelspins like a bitch, ive been in one on a dry road and had a play with one and it barely any faster as it just shredded it's tyres.

First youtube vid i searched for:
wheelspin heaven lol.

You wouldn't even get close ;)

Have you actually even drove a focus RS ive drove both the mk1 and mk2 and there was very little to no wheelspin in either and i took the mk2 out in the wet as well ;) so i dont need to watch youtube vids :D
By Jtizzle
danneth wrote:
Grov24 wrote:
DANCTRs-o-t wrote:Oh look, a new RS is announced, another 'why isn't it 4wd?' conversation.

It won't happen because Ford won't spend the money developing it and in their mind the chassis can cope. And to a point it will be able to.
But that is the point. Up to a point it will be able to? I wouldn't want to be spending what will be more than likely nearly 30k for the chassis to cope up to a point.

Oh you went there, it's all down to the driver? balldocks. Plus the Mk2 RS had a heavier 5 Cylinder engine up front, this will wheelspin until it's stuck in the tarmac. :lol:

Lots of people must launch there cars, seeing as lots of cars come with launch control these days.

I like both Focus RS's for the record. And yeah reviews said the RS was awesome, but it still wheelspins like a bitch, ive been in one on a dry road and had a play with one and it barely any faster as it just shredded it's tyres.

wheelspin heaven lol.

Have you actually even drove a focus RS ive drove both the mk1 and mk2 and there was very little to no wheelspin in either and i took the mk2 out in the wet as well ;) so i dont need to watch youtube vids :D
What's the RS like to drive matey? Ive sat in one and it just gave me that bees knees feeling. Can't wait to get one :smile:
By danneth
Jtizzle wrote:
danneth wrote:
Grov24 wrote:

wheelspin heaven lol.

What's the RS like to drive matey? Ive sat in one and it just gave me that bees knees feeling. Can't wait to get one :smile:
loved both of them, mk2 was a massive upgrade the sound and handling were pretty immense, grip was also awesome just a shame they were out of my budget so i had to go for 2nd best ;)
By danneth
smartie wrote:Wonder why they restrict the power in the first few gears.
god knows first thing i did was remove the boost limit in 1st and 2nd

By dbwinter
danneth wrote:
smartie wrote:Wonder why they restrict the power in the first few gears.
god knows first thing i did was remove the boost limit in 1st and 2nd

This wouldn't be ideal for driveability.

Haven't driven the new Focus yet but my main concern would be the electric steering - have read a few reviews that say that, whilst it still has the best chassis in its class, it has lost a lot of its steering feel from its predecessor.

Still will be number one though - as people say, it is a Ford and they always make the best front wheel drive chassis's.

Now, I keep trying to pursuade my local AVIS to give me a Focus as my next hire car but they put it on a plinth and give me Meganes (terrible), 307's (poor), Merivas (oh my goodness), Astras (actually okay!) and Nissan Notes (game over man). Give me a Focus, god damn it.

I put on my notes Ford or BMW or a low vehicle (if no Ford or BMWs available) only please and never seem to get either. :bad-words:
By Grov24
If the new Focus RS is totally awesome, and doesn't limit power in early gears, and sounds as good as the Mk2, and doesn't wheelspin and is much quicker than the Mk2 ill come back to this thread and eat my words.
By danneth
Grov24 wrote:If the new Focus RS is totally awesome, and doesn't limit power in early gears, and sounds as good as the Mk2, and doesn't wheelspin and is much quicker than the Mk2 ill come back to this thread and talk my usual balldocks based on youtube and/or assumption.
:salut:
By DANCTRs-o-t
I've heard they're going to use the HPS system from the Mondeo TXS for the new Focus RS steering.
By Grov24
danneth wrote:
Grov24 wrote:If the new Focus RS is totally awesome, and doesn't limit power in early gears, and sounds as good as the Mk2, and doesn't wheelspin and is much quicker than the Mk2 ill come back to this thread and talk my usual balldocks based on youtube and/or assumption.
:salut:
So it doesn't wheelspin? and FWD is perfect for 300bhp+?
By Stevo M81
V-TEC wrote:Will it be as good as a Mondeo Titanium x Sport though? thats the question. :shouldbeinteresting:

:roflmao:

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]