The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Reviews, News & rumours relating to all things Honda.
By Jtizzle
I drive around on standard to be honest. Feels the best out the 3 for everyday driving.

I did initially want lux 2 but at the time I found the right car at the right price without lux 2 and had to go for it. Got all the others lux 1, USB/Bluetooth and leather upgrade.
A few people I know would rather have the lux one as you get the 6 disc changer and the cameras are always going wrong. So happy with the choice.

Had the car a year in Jan and I could probably sell it now for more than I purchased it for as seems to be the way at the moment residuals are extremely good. UG also seems to hold value best as well :cooldude:

Ive personally loved every second of it so far and cant think of a car id honestly swap for it at the same price.

Grip is simply phenomenal in the twisties, build quality I find very good and all the toys are spot on for me.
Love the attention as well, always good too and surprisingly I never ever have anyone glued to my bumper trying it on. Which was a worry before I got it!!

Mines now at around 360/370bhp and it has only improved the experience. Mad acceleration, insane noise and not really any worse mpg (thankfully)

Consumables can be fairly expensive. Especially main dealer. RS tax I think

So yeah over all very happy bunny and will be with me for the foreseeable :bigthumb: more mods are always being added :twisted:

What's your opinion on it overall?
By dbwinter
Jtizzle wrote:I drive around on standard to be honest. Feels the best out the 3 for everyday driving.

I did initially want lux 2 but at the time I found the right car at the right price without lux 2 and had to go for it. Got all the others lux 1, USB/Bluetooth and leather upgrade.
A few people I know would rather have the lux one as you get the 6 disc changer and the cameras are always going wrong. So happy with the choice.

Had the car a year in Jan and I could probably sell it now for more than I purchased it for as seems to be the way at the moment residuals are extremely good. UG also seems to hold value best as well :cooldude:

Ive personally loved every second of it so far and cant think of a car id honestly swap for it at the same price.

Grip is simply phenomenal in the twisties, build quality I find very good and all the toys are spot on for me.
Love the attention as well, always good too and surprisingly I never ever have anyone glued to my bumper trying it on. Which was a worry before I got it!!

Mines now at around 360/370bhp and it has only improved the experience. Mad acceleration, insane noise and not really any worse mpg (thankfully)

Consumables can be fairly expensive. Especially main dealer. RS tax I think

So yeah over all very happy bunny and will be with me for the foreseeable :bigthumb: more mods are always being added :twisted:

What's your opinion on it overall?
Must be frantic with 360/370 BHP, especially in the wet.

I think my wife sums it up quite well - "we love it"

It makes you smile, it makes other smile -it is a very happy car.

There is nothing to compare with it.
By Grov24
If a Focus RS isn't a upgrade over a Mondeo, im a monkey's uncle.

Green though? Why oh why?

White is bestest, followed by blue. The green is hideous.

How much did you pay for it? I could think of some better machinary im sure. [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
By dbwinter
Grov24 wrote:If a Focus RS isn't a upgrade over a Mondeo, im a monkey's uncle.

Green though? Why oh why?

White is bestest, followed by blue. The green is hideous.

How much did you pay for it? I could think of some better machinary im sure. [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
£22k with 5500 miles on it. Every other practical car in that price bracket would appear bland in comparison.

The Ultimate Green suits the car the most and this sentiment is shared, as this is the colour that holds its value the best, with the blue being the worst. I do like the White.
By I need VTEC
I like performance blue, but it's almost anathema to the RS which is all about aggression. Aggressive colours suit it. Or maybe it's because the RS was marketed mostly with the green paint so I'm biased so I got used to that colour the most?

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]