The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Reviews, News & rumours relating to all things Honda.
By Scardino
Just wondering if anyone knows if Honda are planning any 'new shape' civics and type rs?

Of do you reckon they'll wait about 5 years or so?
By ross27
The FN went on sale in 07. I recon it will be a few years yet even untill a facelift model.
By millhouse01
I think it will be a few years mate but when thay make a new 1 i hope thay spend more time and money on the handling and power instead of looks like thay just have.Sorry if anyone has an fn2,its a nice car it just needs more power to shift all the weight and it needs independent rear suspesion.
By Seiki
Spoke to a salesman the other day ( i really did :lol: ) , and he said not to expect anything new for a few years . Rearlift first FTW
By Dazmb
millhouse01 wrote:I think it will be a few years mate but when thay make a new 1 i hope thay spend more time and money on the handling and power instead of looks like thay just have.Sorry if anyone has an fn2,its a nice car it just needs more power to shift all the weight and it needs independent rear suspesion.
It's not that much heavier. Don't believe the 'myth' that you need tons more power to get a small extra bit of mass moving. Gearing alterations have done the trick. And that's not new to Honda as they have done it previously with the JDM DC2 when they upgraded that and the weight increased but power didn't.

As to the rear suspension, I can speak as a former EP3 owner who drives 95% on A roads that the new car handles better than said old model on nice A roads. Perhaps drive by wire has taken it's adjustability back a shade mid corner, but it's marginal. But no question, new car has (thankfully) lost that 'twitchy' rear-end problem of EP3. I no longer feel shaken and agitated after a short 20 mile drive to work like I used to in old car. Torsion beam does not equal bad handling per se. Only on poor B roads does it get bent out of shape.
By ChillTypeR
MugenSeiki wrote:Spoke to a salesman the other day ( i really did :lol: ) , and he said not to expect anything new for a few years . Rearlift first FTW

I really like the rear end
By R-Racing
New model looks pretty sweet !!
A bit too much Alfa looking for me and not as aggressive as the present look!!!!!! :-x
This could be why my local dealer (bristol honda) told me that they are dropping the price of new type-Rs by over £3000 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!---- thats a 58 plate!
Sounds too good to be true but might pop in anyway and have a word as want to upgrade my '55 - esspecially as I have fu*king ragged it maybe too much over this summer!!! (wont tell them that though!!)
Apprantly they only have a limited number they can sell so this could be the excuse I need (for the other half !!)
I will let you know if the rumour is true.....as for this new model......I think I can wait!!!
By R-Racing
why does it say I have a jazz 1.2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :oops: !!!!!!
Have sort that out!
By TypeR_Milano_Dan
R-Racing wrote:New model looks pretty sweet !!
A bit too much Alfa looking for me and not as aggressive as the present look!!!!!! :-x
This could be why my local dealer (bristol honda) told me that they are dropping the price of new type-Rs by over £3000 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!---- thats a 58 plate!
Sounds too good to be true but might pop in anyway and have a word as want to upgrade my '55 - esspecially as I have fu*king ragged it maybe too much over this summer!!! (wont tell them that though!!)
Apprantly they only have a limited number they can sell so this could be the excuse I need (for the other half !!)
I will let you know if the rumour is true.....as for this new model......I think I can wait!!!
:thumbup:
Just placed my order!!!!!!!!!!! wup wup!! :WOOT
Bit late with your advise as ordered brand new type-R this morning mate!!! and yeah - went in to the Brislington honda site expecting to (and willing to!) pay upwards of 19k and they land the bombshell that they can order a 58 plate and its only 16 !!!!! SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait!!!

Sounds like bloody good timing as they can only order something like 8 at this price then it goes up again :shock:
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]