The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Reviews, News & rumours relating to all things Honda.
By BanziBarn
Potsy wrote:Looks no different to the S Line either.
Seen both next to each other and you're right on that one.
By dandemoraliser
Potsy wrote:Looks no different to the S Line either.
Only when you drive you s line like a S3 and spank it into a barrier....

(In my car park today! Number plate obscured to save his/her blushes!)

By Mad-Dog
if i was going blow that kind of cash on a car i'd be looking elsewhere. it's a lot to pay for a tarted up golf with 4 wheel drive!! :shock:

plus having driven a few audi's there a bit cr@p when it comes to the twisties.

i drove a TT 225 and it was like being in a jelly on the back roads.
By AdzCiv
Has anyone actually driven the S3? I have and it is an awesome machine and worth £26k - there is no turbo lag to speak of and it corners better than focus/astra/R32/1 series M...dunno about new civic though, haven't been in it yet. To be honest I don't think I will bother either. The ch4 review in the OP is wrong.

The S-line comments are fair I guess, but that is part of the appeal, proper Q car.

Get the Haldex re programmed to shunt more power to the rears and you have a loon of a car.

Get Revo on it and you will scare M3s (not the new one) and any RS3 chat just means it's going blow pretty much any hatch or Jap rally rep in to the weeds..with style.
By EvoStu
AdzCiv wrote:Has anyone actually driven the S3? I have and it is an awesome machine and worth £26k - there is no turbo lag to speak of and it corners better than focus/astra/R32/1 series M...dunno about new civic though, haven't been in it yet. To be honest I don't think I will bother either. The ch4 review in the OP is wrong.

The S-line comments are fair I guess, but that is part of the appeal, proper Q car.

Get the Haldex re programmed to shunt more power to the rears and you have a loon of a car.

Get Revo on it and you will scare M3s (not the new one) and any RS3 chat just means it's going blow pretty much any hatch or Jap rally rep in to the weeds..with style.
The interior is very much worthy of a £26K+ car but the exterior is simply not special enough to differentiate it from the S-Line range of A3's which is a travesty really.
Its bloody quick though and its in gear acceleration is very good. The only thing missing is the DSG box though as that would offer a major alternative to the VW R32 which is a much better value for motor car.

EvoStu.
By AdzCiv
EvoStu wrote:
AdzCiv wrote:Has anyone actually driven the S3? I have and it is an awesome machine and worth £26k - there is no turbo lag to speak of and it corners better than focus/astra/R32/1 series M...dunno about new civic though, haven't been in it yet. To be honest I don't think I will bother either. The ch4 review in the OP is wrong.

The interior is very much worthy of a £26K+ car but the exterior is simply not special enough to differentiate it from the S-Line range of A3's which is a travesty really.
Its bloody quick though and its in gear acceleration is very good. The only thing missing is the DSG box though as that would offer a major alternative to the VW R32 which is a much better value for motor car.

EvoStu.
I would love to see proper mini RS4 avant looks and I totally agree, there could be more flair - but I am hoping that it is pre-empting the R version (however I think this release is unlikely)

The R32 is a great car, I have driven it at length but felt that the S3 offered so much more in terms of out and out capability in all situations whilst returning a fair MPG and still have great tuneability for not much cash. I would hate to start messing around with an N/A V6, but then again I just don't have the balls to either!

I think Audi purposfully did not offer DSG, a shame really, it would really make the car perfect for me IMO - I think they will buckle to consumer pressure and get one in next year. Here's hoping with crossed fingers. I am kind of waiting to see, because the cash is nearly there and it might be the TT(R?)S with S3 engine which I think is going to be a spectacular caymen hunter or an S3 with DSG, should Audi get the finger out!

All of this of course, is just my 2p.

A
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]