The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Reviews, News & rumours relating to all things Honda.
By Duncan Ramsay
Hi all, have just joined the forum. I'm considering either a new Focus RS or the new 2017 Civic Type R.

What do you all think of the soon to be launched 2017 Type R vs gen.9?
By Greatodensraven
From what I've read so far is that the new 17 r car will have more power ....but using the same Engine and transmission...

Hopefully any increase i.e. Remap ... air filter exhaust ... turbo ... injectors .
Can be copied onto the fk2 ..

Also if this happens Honda should in theory upgrade the clutch / cooling on the 17 type r...

Then fk2 owners get OE upgrades ...

It'll be just like old times...

I hope
By dweezle
Different ECU on this one, surprisingly easier to crack (because its global) the FK2 isn't as easy hence nothing from Hondata yet.
Be interesting on intakes but I can't see it myself, I reckon the layout will be different to suit the Americans.

Sadly I reckon the FK2 will be left out of any future mod releases, I think we've got our lot
By EvoStu
The FK8 will be superior in every area to the FK2. The FK2 was always the running prototype for the next gen, testing the parts that were going into the new car.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
By dweezle
If that's the case then it should be a cracking car to drive, has this been on the ring yet, If it's better in every way then it should annihilate the record
By cheapskate
Suggestion to Honda: Please give Pinninfarina a call first, next time, to avoid the hideous mess.

We get the stealth fighter angles and intakes worn paradigm, but after Lamborghini absolutely nailed it with the Reventon, there ceased to be a point.
By kershaw_typeR
After seeing loads of pics online of it lately the front and side angles are great . it's just the rear end that I'm not quite sure on yet

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]