The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Got a speeding ticket? We have Police Officers on the forum who can provide advice.
By mjhamilton
Isn't going at that speed considered one and the same these days by the liberal crywankers and bedwetters??
By Daz W
That speed goes beyond speeding and is classed as dangerous driving and if they saw him racing the other car too it comes under the realm of street racing
By J@mes
mjhamilton wrote:He won't be able to sell it.. It'll be confiscated and crushed
Surely that's a load of wotsit? The police will cash in on anything, they're as bent as the next person.
By Omni
I'm not sure the exact law on it, but i'm not sure speed in itself can sustain a charge of dangerous driving, if they tried to hang dangerous driving on me based on speed alone I'd have to cite the case if PC Milton, and if they came the 'he was trained to drive at those speeds therefore it was safe' angle on me I'd demand to know how the officer on the scene could have known I wasn't also trained to drive at those speeds when reporting me.
By *nub*
mickdj wrote:a couple of years ago a police force were parading a golf r32 what they had confiscated off a dealer and turned it into an unmarked car.
yup thats how NyseriA got his, how hes selling it for 12 grand or so
By NyseriA
mickdj wrote:a couple of years ago a police force were parading a golf r32 what they had confiscated off a dealer and turned it into an unmarked car.
Except for South Yorkshire police, how are according to certain sources "bent as the next people" the circumstances of that seizure are different.

Seizures for dangerous driving etc would probably come from S.59 or no insurance S.165 seizures and are non-permanent (unless not reclaimed), whereas the one you're talking about is a Proceeds of Crime Act seizure and the police get 1/3, the home office get 1/3 and a victims fund get 1/3 (iirc).

We seized a C63 AMG like this....... :???:
By NyseriA
Omni wrote:I'm not sure the exact law on it, but i'm not sure speed in itself can sustain a charge of dangerous driving, if they tried to hang dangerous driving on me based on speed alone I'd have to cite the case if PC Milton, and if they came the 'he was trained to drive at those speeds therefore it was safe' angle on me I'd demand to know how the officer on the scene could have known I wasn't also trained to drive at those speeds when reporting me.
Good luck with that defence :lol:
By dandemoraliser
NyseriA wrote:
Except for South Yorkshire police, how are according to certain sources "bent as the next people" the circumstances of that seizure are different.

Seizures for dangerous driving etc would probably come from S.59 or no insurance S.165 seizures and are non-permanent (unless not reclaimed), whereas the one you're talking about is a Proceeds of Crime Act seizure and the police get 1/3, the home office get 1/3 and a victims fund get 1/3 (iirc).

We seized a C63 AMG like this....... :???:
:shouldbeinteresting: :think:

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]