The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Got a speeding ticket? We have Police Officers on the forum who can provide advice.
By berty182
Hi all,

Im after some advise. Finished work today and was driving out of the university owned car park (I work in a uni) when the car park gate swung in the wind and has damaged my side panel and front bumper (front bumper hanging off, clips snapped & side panel deep dent paint removed). The gate is about 8ft tall and metal so imagine the damage.

Is the university liable as the gate was not tied shut? , could of been a lot worse and hit a student or tutor.

any advise is really appreciated

cheers
Huw
By berty182
anyone?
By berty182
Sedge wrote:I'd say so. This is a similar case where a barrier blown by the wind killed a man: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/south_east/7200678.stm
Thanks for your help mate, just found out that a branch snapped off a tree in another car park on campus and went through someones windscreen and the university paid out so fingers crossed!
By mjhamilton
Did you report it to the university when it happened ? Take photos and have witnesses(
By berty182
mjhamilton wrote:Did you report it to the university when it happened ? Take photos and have witnesses(
I tried calling but the receptionist had already left, i have photos of the damage and the gate which is half open. Currently trying resolve this with the finance department - the gate has now been chained up! shame they couldn't have done that all along :bad-words:
By Sedge
... admission of fault. If it wasn't a problem they wouldn't have needed to do that...
By berty182
Sedge wrote:... admission of fault. If it wasn't a problem they wouldn't have needed to do that...
That's true, i didn't take them very long to chain it up after i told them! Should be getting a quote today on the repairs - dunno what it going to cost

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]