The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Got a speeding ticket? We have Police Officers on the forum who can provide advice.
I received a letter telling me that I was doing 65 on the motorway on a temporary roadwork speed restricted area. I do recall seeing this and slowing down and I do not recall seeing any cameras or vans.

The letter states I have to confirm that I was driving the car. It does not say what will happen to me it just says that I have an FPN reference number. Also, there is no pictures of my car.

What is the likely scenario for me? Can anyone help?
Last edited by doc_loco on Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Would imagine fixed penalty, 3 points and £100 fine, no need to go to court unless you intend to dispute it. If you're lucky you may get offered the speed awareness course, but I think you're over the threshold

Are these the roadworks around J7-8 where they're doing the bridge repairs? I've been down there a few times recently and seen the speed limit but no cameras
Dunno, could have been, I'm not local to there either but use the M40 quite often for work, I've definitely not seen any fixed cameras, so could have been a van, or someone on a bridge with a laser gun. I always observe motorway temp speed limits religiously because they're such sneaky fkin Russians at enforcing them :-x
I've been regularly using a road which has a temporary speed limit on it, part of it has a yellow sign which says '50mph speed limit due to damaged safety barrier' or something along those lines - then a a few miles further up there is a bit with a temporary 50 sign, but a proper one black writing on a white background in a red circle. The other one is just black text on a rectangular yellow sign. I always took it that the yellow one wasn't a proper one and more advisory than enforceable with a speeding ticket and that the proper was enforceable. Am I very wrong in this?
Don't those overhead gantries that hold the temp signs also hold cameras at random locations?

Folk law has it that these activate only when the temp speed limits are switched on
My problem is i do not remember if i was concious of my speed or not, I just know I slowed down. So I hope I do not get subsequent letters... Fingers crossed.. I'm hoping the traffic flow would have slowed me down.
Last edited by doc_loco on Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
You'd have to be exceedingly unlucky to get caught in the same spot on 3 consecutive days, if its a mobile unit they don't tend to visit the same place twice in a week, and don't hang around at each location for long, or so is my understanding.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]